Black Metal.

Bahaha. Sounds like it was actually recorded on an old-school tape recorder.

Also my top pick for those getting into black metal is Nagelfar - Virus West. It's what got me into black metal.

I could use an old school tape recorder. My kindle recording software sounds terrible. I think that Immortal got me into black metal.

I want to get back to some of my favorite black metals and also maybe explore a little more, as I can't limit myself to Kult Ofenzivy and Stíny Plamenů for the rest of my life. The wolves are calling my name I have to let them lead me to the forests of pain again, to my true self etc. Death, suffering, obscvre darkness, and blood of christians included.

I'm now listening to the Polish Arkona, Imperium. A band that has always been escaping my attention and I could only recognize them by the logo. Maybe I was scared of cheap keyboard-folk elements. And well, from the first moment this is very eastern european. The cheesy keyboards are not too aggressive in the mix and the guitars are paper thin. The rest of the instruments don't fail to round it up nicely so you forget about the guitar sound in a while. The harmonies are pretty basic but nevertheless not a bad black metal album. There are more significant Polish bands of course, but still a nice listen.

8732.jpg

Anybody familiar with the rest of their output?

EDIT: I wanted to mention the lyrics as well but I understand like 50% of anything polish so it would take me some time to understand what that all is about. Probably something kvlt and pagan.

Came back to two more albums I used to like. Arckanum Fran Marder and Arizmenda Within the Vacuum. Even though I'm not a big fan of Arckanum's current output I still consider the old albums legends of black metals. However, for me even Fran Marder hasn't aged too well and started to bore me a little further into the album.

Arizmenda on the other hand... Absolutely brilliant. Best Crepuscular Nigga band and one of the best bm bands around nowadays. I don't think I will ever get tired of this.

This band is one of my choicest discoveries in a while:

Listening to these guys made me realize how little I've actually heard those "creepy/evil" sounding minor chord riffs in the BM I've been exposed to thusfar. It's *very* reminiscent of ITNSE and ATTWAD. Anyone know where I can find some more of that kind of riffing? Obviously it's fine if other themes are present too, I just REALLY like that sound.

Slightly better example of this from same band:

Ascension, Chaos Invocation, Dysangelium, Carpe Noctem, Blaze of Perdition, Sinmara, Svartidaudi, Merrimack, Nightbringer...

I'm listening to Grav for the first time, Omhulda Ondskans Kretslopp. I'm really digging this new wave of Swedish black metal kvlt league with bands such as Grav, Wulkanaz, Tomhet, or fucking Grifteskymfning. They have their own sound and they keep being old school and interesting at the same time. Swedish black metal is #1 currently tbh.

EDIT: This album can manage without distortion most of the time and the sound seems like it's coming from distance even if you play it cocksucking loud like a cocksucker.

379967.jpg

The two guys behind Grav, Grifteskymfning, Svartrit, Acerbitas, Beketh Nexehmu, Hadanfard, etc. have put out a ridiculous amount of good stuff the past few years.

Sorry to say that I haven't checked out Arkona but I do like another Polish band North and the album Korona also Hadanfard are great it does remind me a bit of what Lifelover tried to do but without being shit.
I have all this Crepsuculo Negro tapes at home that I haven't checked out,Arizmenda are in there the only time I've heard them is when I played the BTC comp I'll check them out further when I get home to my tape deck.I must say though I was floored by that latest Volahn album.

Arizmenda sounds like what I think some guys that were absolutely drugged out of their minds making black metal would sound like. Twisted stuff. I don't like tapes but I made an exception for them. Still hoping to see them come to cd one day.

Ajna and Iron Bonehead are releasing old Crep Negro stuff on vinyl/cd btw. I saw they're working on the Volahn debut. Looking forward to that for sure.