Black Metal.

I think Lifelover is great, and Pulver is probably my favorite album by them. They have their own style under the post black metal umbrella. Vanhelga is another great similar act.

Lifelover is pretty bad, yeah. I have never liked them. And I like DSBM and related stuff.

lol sabbath boards.

It's not that discussing it isn't allowed (there is no rule saying you can't discuss music with questionable ideals... I've posted there for just under ten years, I know the rules). It's that some of the userbase there is thin-skinned and shits their pants at anything NSBM.

It's not the rule, it's a closed-mindedness that connects the music with politics. Sure, Absurd has political motives behind the music, bust songs like Fur Germanen and Eternal Winter are still great songs.

I find it interesting that metalheads generally don't seem to care about lyrics or treat them with any real seriousness until, ironically, they find a band with lyrics that they don't like. It's ok to write songs about slaughtering Christians... but hating on the jews and blacks is taking things too far, right?

It's similar to the hypocrisy that goes on in stand-up comedy: everything is funny until it hits too close to home. Laugh at an a AIDS joke because it doesn't affect you but then cross your arms and frown at a stroke joke because half of your grandmother's face recently slid into her shoe.

Ok so I first judged Malokarpatan by the lyrics on their bandcamp that are truly ridiculous, written in some mangled old Slovakian/slav language. I thought they would be folky garbage because of that but I couldn't be more wrong. This is actually heavy as fuck but mainly contains this amazing oldschool black metal vibe. Where did this come from I don't know.

R-7612452-1445142936-1064.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

Someone told me that Inquisition was racist and NSBM because of this song.

Onder, that album art is ridiculous.

I didnt mention this one before... still atmospheric to a point, but definitely thrashier than my standard fare. Even Cassette might like it =P

Been obsessed with Lunar Aurora lately. Didn't actually know where to start with the band though so I've been randomly buying albums I find for decent prices. What's their best album in your opinion?

Hating on the jews and the blacks is par for the course for a lot of our favorite bands here.

It's kind of sad how so many black metal musicians are racist. Varg is hardly even racist compared to some of them. Still, their music is completely valid and generally very good.