Black Metal.

ditto on Andacht. Such a fucking great album. Too bad Hoagsacht wasn't a terrific followup

Dug this one out from the bottom of my closet. I haven't listened to this in years

Never heard of em. Somewhat liked it, if not a little too "clean sounding".

I think Hoagsacht is my favorite Lunar Aurora offering.

Awesome new BM tunes:
Slaegt - Beautiful and Damned
here's a track:

this track is long, but you don't need to listen to the entire thing to realize it's awesome. Has an awesome Deathspell Omega vibe to it. Band is called Awe and album is Providentia

Never heard of em. Somewhat liked it, if not a little too "clean sounding".

I think Hoagsacht is my favorite Lunar Aurora offering.

V:28 was a band featured on Vendlus Records, which I believe has been defunct for quite some time. The band was good if you liked post apocalyptic/industrial black metal. The record label they were on was one of my favorites back in the 2000's. Shame they went under

My favorite Immortal album is Sons of Northern Darkness. It is dark, cold, and atmospheric, but it is also crushingly heavy. I don't get which people call it blackened thrash metal, to me, blackened thrash metal refers to newer bands imitating the style of Venom, but with a little bit more thrash, like Gehenna and those two Bathory albums that came out in the 90s. Immortal is pure black metal.

So, how come nobody talked about/is talking about the new Megiddo album? It sounds like the spiritual successor to "Engram" which now means that most of you are never going to listen to it. It's seriously amazing though. Hypnotizing melodies and almost monotonous riffs.

So, how come nobody talked about/is talking about the new Megiddo album? It sounds like the spiritual successor to "Engram" which now means that most of you are never going to listen to it. It's seriously amazing though. Hypnotizing melodies and almost monotonous riffs.
I've been listening to it for months also love the Apocalyptic Raids LP and the Hymns To The Apocalypse LP, I guess it's just not the kind of stuff people here get into..fucking quality band for sure I love their stuff.

I just wrote a few new songs for my black metal project, Cryptidark. (Placeholder name, Satanic Fog isn't very fitting.) "Trapped on the Outer Realms of Life", and "The Sudden Approach of Death". I have not really written the whole musical parts yet, just the lyrics. I will post them. I actually think they will turn out pretty well.

Last edited:
Cool beans. What style are you shooting for?

I was always shooting for a Burzum style. I've recently been doing a lot more, and trying to create my own style. I've always been plagued with the issue of not having a drum set, making my music sound like generic ambeint black metal/DSBM. I have a program with a complex array of synthesizers and a drum machine. It's kind of creating, but it will do for now. I am 15 now, my voice hasn't broken yet, so vocals are a challenge for me. It's been cracking, so that's a good sign. One guy, upon hearing my music thinks I'm like 20 something, so I take that as a compliment for my vocals. The shit I have on YouTube sucks. Enlightened by Darkness is a great song in my opinion, but the sound quality is fucking terrible. I find that Satanic Fog is not only immature sounding, but it dosen't accurately represent my music. There is very little about Satan. I'm more in to history, darkness, philosophy, politics, and death. Death is a primary focus. I write songs about suicide a lot, which makes it seem like DSBM. Depending on how I feel, I may write a song about suicide that is grim all the way- no sign of hope, or I may write a motivational anti suicide song. What I write about really depends on how I feel. I usually only write when I am inspired by something- usually after a walk outside, seeing a picture, reading something etc.

Riff wise, my songs are a bit Burzum like, but much shorter. I am trying to get better at songwriting so I can write more complex, thought out epic type songs. Right now, I am a novice songwriter. Sometimes, I write death metal just for fun.

I have a YouTube channel, but I may remove it due to the shitty quality of the music I lost there. Hopefully, I will be able to create a better one under the name of Cryptidark or something like that. My parents don't let me have online accounts, so I have to be really careful about being secretive with shit like this.

I listened to one of your songs on YouTube. The sound quality is pretty bad. I think that you should make the guitar more prominent than it is in the future.

I was always shooting for a Burzum style. I've recently been doing a lot more, and trying to create my own style. I've always been plagued with the issue of not having a drum set, making my music sound like generic ambeint black metal/DSBM. I have a program with a complex array of synthesizers and a drum machine. It's kind of creating, but it will do for now. I am 15 now, my voice hasn't broken yet, so vocals are a challenge for me. It's been cracking, so that's a good sign. One guy, upon hearing my music thinks I'm like 20 something, so I take that as a compliment for my vocals. The shit I have on YouTube sucks. Enlightened by Darkness is a great song in my opinion, but the sound quality is fucking terrible. I find that Satanic Fog is not only immature sounding, but it dosen't accurately represent my music. There is very little about Satan. I'm more in to history, darkness, philosophy, politics, and death. Death is a primary focus. I write songs about suicide a lot, which makes it seem like DSBM. Depending on how I feel, I may write a song about suicide that is grim all the way- no sign of hope, or I may write a motivational anti suicide song. What I write about really depends on how I feel. I usually only write when I am inspired by something- usually after a walk outside, seeing a picture, reading something etc.

Riff wise, my songs are a bit Burzum like, but much shorter. I am trying to get better at songwriting so I can write more complex, thought out epic type songs. Right now, I am a novice songwriter. Sometimes, I write death metal just for fun.

I have a YouTube channel, but I may remove it due to the shitty quality of the music I lost there. Hopefully, I will be able to create a better one under the name of Cryptidark or something like that. My parents don't let me have online accounts, so I have to be really careful about being secretive with shit like this.

Maybe your voice cracking will work to your benefit in black metal haha. At the very least it's gonna be unique. Never been big on DSBM but I understand its a popular subgenre and you gotta write what you're passionate about. Keep us posted.

I listened to one of your songs on YouTube. The sound quality is pretty bad. I think that you should make the guitar more prominent than it is in the future.

I will tell you why that sounds like total shit- I am bad with technology, and I don't know how to convert the OGG file I recorded it on to an mp4, which YouTube supports. It won't support OGG. The easiest way to do this was to record the original recording using my phone's camera. It's not the "real" recording. It's a terrible copy of it. I will try to figure out how to convert it to mp4. I have an awesome sounding mp3 of Enlightened by Darkness. OGG files sound terrible from my experience. Just so you know, the original recording sounds better than the recording of a recording.

Last edited: