Black Metal.

Gave this another listen (I didn't exactly love it last year) after hearing and loving Akhlys. You definitely 'get it' better after hearing the slightly more accessible Akhlys first as a sort of exposure to his songwriting style. Love the production of both albums. Distant/muffled where necessary, but the sound quality comes through when needed.

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
Not sure if I drunkenly posted this a week or two ago, but it's a recent discovery that I don't remember seeing here before. Don't think it got a lot of press due to the noise, ambient, and acoustic folk elements being more prominent than the black metal elements. But that hasn't stopped a lot of bands that are well liked here. I haven't even really finished exploring these albums. They both seem somewhat toploaded to the first half-hour, but that applies to just about everything, doesn't it? The Quietus ranked Zamknely sie oczy ziemi #2 for 2015. I love it. The first 5 minutes is as metal as it gets, then 10-20 minutes in are some incredibly gorgeous folk songs. Highly recommended.

Not sure if I drunkenly posted this a week or two ago, but it's a recent discovery that I don't remember seeing here before. Don't think it got a lot of press due to the noise, ambient, and acoustic folk elements being more prominent than the black metal elements. But that hasn't stopped a lot of bands that are well liked here. I haven't even really finished exploring these albums. They both seem somewhat toploaded to the first half-hour, but that applies to just about everything, doesn't it? The Quietus ranked Zamknely sie oczy ziemi #2 for 2015. I love it. The first 5 minutes is as metal as it gets, then 10-20 minutes in are some incredibly gorgeous folk songs. Highly recommended.

Pretty good stuff. Alas, they are not on MA. The band's name in polish means "Old River". The title of the first album is "Eyes of the Earth have closed" and the second "Shadow of the Cloud Above a Hidden Field".

I'm sure I knew that it had been released but I only got around to listening to Galdr's 3rd album a few weeks ago. Loved the first album but although the second was good it didn't my attention nearly as well (could just be that I wasn't in the mood for atmospheric bm around the time it was released). Really enjoying this one though.

It's a pretty generic wannabe Norwegian style black metal album made by a poor songwriter who wouldn't be as well-known if he was honest about his band's history.