Black Metal.

I don't mind early Nargaroth, the stupidity of Kanwulf's past aside.

Also, I hear just as much Graveland in Nargaroth's sound as I do anything quintessentially Norwegian. (Though that's obviously there too.)

So how is Black Metal ist Krieg? I wanna give it a go based on the name alone but I've heard a lot of bad things.

It has some very good moments if you ask me. Despite the embarrassing earlier statements of Kanwulf or whatever his name is, there are some decent moody tracks on that album. I must be in the minority here, but I give it a spin occasionally and dig it.

Reactions: CiG
Unfortunately nargaroths shenanigans ruin a lot of liatening enjoyment i would fet orherwise. Same goes for shining and velvet cacoon

They were basically these two weird Portland, Oregon kids who had nothing but time on their hands so they decided to fuck with the internet black metal scene of the mid-2000s. They claimed to have this thing called a "diesel harp" which was some diesel attachment hooked up to their guitar, their first album Dextronaut was reference to the fact that they apparently abused cough syrup, claimed to be members of ecoterrorist organizations, etc.

This all turned out to be completely false and they admitted to it in some long winded interview. After this all finished they put out two shoegaze demos which they stole from other artists...

Velvet Cacoon's shoegaze/psych-folk recordings were stolen albums. The demo "How the Last Day Came and Stayed then Faded into Simulated Rain" was almost completely stolen from Korouva'sShipwrecks & Russian Roulette. (Korouva's album has ten tracks, while Velvet Cacoon's demo has nine, although two tracks that can be found on Korouva's Myspace are not on the Velvet Cacoon demo). The "Dizzy from Eternity" demo is My Violent Ego's Clicks & Hisses.

Reactions: CiG
There's only one musician in Velvet Cacoon and I used to talk to him on the Full Moon Productions forums. Dodens was able to get an interview from him and post it here years ago because of my association with him.

velvet cacoon's troll was p great, a nice big dose of humility for all the BM scenesters of the time. they were such a huge deal for a few months, the hypetrain and subsequent backlash was an absolute circus, which of course was exactly what they intended.

I honestly never listened to the music that he made after Genevieve and I have no idea what it sounded like.

He told me that a lot of Genevieve is made up of the same segments pasted over multiple times because he was lazy and fucked up while making the album. I don't think that it's a great album but I like the guitar sound.

Summoning_Stronghold.jpg

So, this is pretty good. I will follow Krow's advice and only stick to one since he said they all sound kinda similar..