Black Metal.

I got the new Mgla in the mail yesterday. Am I supposed to be blown away by this? This is good black metal to me but I was expecting some groundbreaking shit by how much you guys are fellating this thing. The lyrics are pretty misanthropic though so that's cool too..

I got the new Mgla in the mail yesterday. Am I supposed to be blown away by this? This is good black metal to me but I was expecting some groundbreaking shit by how much you guys are fellating this thing. The lyrics are pretty misanthropic though so that's cool too..
It's not innovation there so much a perfect execution...

Krallice - s/t is the best one there. Dimensional Bleedthrough has a great title track, but a few songs are draggy, even for the style. Strong overall. Years Past Matter is great. Diotoma and Ygg Huur are skippable.

The new Mgla is about the definition of a 7/10 album. I'm a fan, and really enjoyed their live show, but that band is really overhyped.

Mgła is a great band. All of the releases to date have been top-notch. I'd agree that M. isn't really doing anything groundbreaking, aside from making excellent black metal every time that he puts out a new release.

Krallice is a band that I find to be pretty boring. The production and guitar sound don't work for me, and the songs don't really amount to much.

Too much wankery for me. I've heard small sections in Krallice songs I enjoy but to date I have not been able to stomach a full song. And I've tried nearly all their songs.

Reactions: Omni