Black Metal.

I never got into the French scene much, but I do love the French Canadian stuff I've heard so far. Especially Neige et Noirceur & Fortresse if you haven't heard them before.

That first Peste Noire album is great, I love the clean leads and solos. I'm assuming that's what you mean by NWOBHM influences? I need to revisit that one soon.

Yeah, and the cool galloping parts. I have a friend who saw them live in Quebec and then talked to the band at a dive across the street from where they played. Famine was drunk as fuck and kept talking about Iron Maiden and similar bands and how much they inspire him.

Yeah, and the cool galloping parts. I have a friend who saw them live in Quebec and then talked to the band at a dive across the street from where they played. Famine was drunk as fuck and kept talking about Iron Maiden and similar bands and how much they inspire him.

That's awesome.
It's a shame they seem to have cut that out of their sound, although I haven't heard La Chaise-Dyable yet but somehow I doubt it's a return to La Sanie des siècles.

One of my favourite sound combinations is raw Black Metal with NWOBHM/Heavy Metal influences.

Hammerheart is the best album ever recorded all categories so any album that is compared to it, even just alittle sparks my interest. Can't listen too it right nog though.

This track in particular caught my attention off the latest Iron Bonehead sampler, the Hammerheart reference might have been a bit overboard but I was trying to give a comparison of something epic regarding songwriting buried underneath a more necro production and rather primitive playing. It's something I don't hear a lot of which is a bit strange I like it a lot. A one man BM album out of the Netherlands.

Reactions: CiG
Haha, all categories? I love that album, but Quorthon is a bad singer.

I don't think that Bathory's Viking era would work with a technically good singer. Quorthon sounds pretty awesome and totally fits the music.

I personally think that Blood on Ice is the best of those albums by quite a bit, but Hammerheart is awesome too.

Agreed Omni, Blood On Fire is absolutely his best and quite a bit overlooked, I'd say Hammerheart is his second best personally.
Also agreed about the vocal part, I'm not saying he's technically a good singer, he's more an emotionally good singer I think. Puts out a raw passion that hits me right in the sweet spot.

Haha, all categories? I love that album, but Quorthon is a bad singer.
Not liking this post...

Quorthons voice fits that album perfectly 10/10. If he actually can sing or not is secondary. :)

Edit: Blood on Ice rules too, all his albums triumphs almost anything else, only Octagon is kind of average(/fanboy).