Black Metal.

Have to disagree. His so-called "flaw" adds to the charm and individuality of his music if you ask me.
But I'll admit I'm biased, Viking/Heavy Metal-era Bathory are a top ten band for me.

Yeah I get where you're coming from and there are certainly points on the record where I agree it has a certain charm. But there are other points that are just too much.

Somebody should start an all-female tribute band to Bathory called "Bethory" and name their first album "Under The Sign Of The Black Matriarch" and have that beast man on the cover re-drawn with breasts. These are the things I would do if I were a female.

I like Hammerheart the best out of his viking era stuff but I think I blast Under the Sign of the Black Mark the most these days. I also really fucking love the self-titled.

I always get to these exciting conversations late and by the time I get here everyone's moved onto something else. Anyway, I agree with Master Yoda here. 'Hammerheart' and 'Under the Sign of the Black Mark' are my favourites.

As for the vocals on 'Hammerheart', I love them in all their imperfection. I love the sound of that album, it's a miracle and could never be reproduced. Oh man I haven't heard it in ages - I really need to put this c.d on more often. I need a Bathory binge.

Some of my favourite albums of all time have productions that I find perfect but that the bands themselves will never reproduce due to better equipment/studios.

Reactions: CiG
558270.jpg

Hot damn this is the motherfucking JAM. This band is local and dropped their album on Saturday night at a local show. This is some epic shit. It reminds me of shit like Caladan Brood and Summoning (different sound but the atmosphere definitely reminds me of it) but there's some faster paced stuff in there too.

Last edited:
Sounds great. Any physical release? I dont do downloads

Should be able to get it on Bandcamp. I can always obtain a copy and send it to you if they don't have that available.

edit: they don't via Bandcamp. Let me get another one for you and we can arrange payment. Do you have Paypal?

Blood fire death, hammerheart & twilight of the gods are one of the best sequential release trios ever. Hammertheart is the best of the 3 but the combo of albums is tough to top...

Reactions: CiG