Black Metal.

v7Ekyji.jpg

Reactions: EchoForever
And as I raised my thumb up to smash his tiny skull in, I could see in his little insect face, I could see him thinking...

"Oh, I created that monster! I created that thumb, and now it's killing me! My own beast and creation, killing me dead! The sweet irony!"

I think he was saying that, although it was a long time ago, and in hindsight, he could've just been shitting himself.

Reactions: EchoForever
I wouldn't doubt his influence on black metal corpse paint either, considering that King Diamond is an avowed fan of Arthur Brown and lists him as a major influence on his performance style.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
I wouldn't doubt his influence on black metal corpse paint either, considering that King Diamond is an avowed fan of Arthur Brown and lists him as a major influence on his performance style.
Oh, for sure. King took a lot of stuff from mildly obscure 70's and late 60's rock and metal. The man is a devoted fanboy of stuff like Captain Beyond, UFO, Uriah Heep, etc. If King really did take hints from Arthur on the facepaint, which I don't doubt for a moment, that would by proxy make Arthur something of a grandfather influence on corpsepaint due to King being a direct, major influence on it.

Reactions: Elric of Melniboné
Although if I'm not mistaken King's primary influence for his facepaint was Gene Simmons of KISS, however it's still possible he snuck a little of Arthur in there.

Reactions: CiG
Although if I'm not mistaken King's primary influence for his facepaint was Gene Simmons of KISS, however it's still possible he snuck a little of Arthur in there.

King Diamond says that this isn't true, despite Gene Simmons suing him in a ridiculous lawsuit where he also used King Diamond's music as evidence that he was ripping off KISS. That just proves that it was bullshit since Mercyful Fate and King Diamond sound nothing like them.

Really? Never heard that King had denied his facepaint being influenced by Gene, which is interesting because he is a KISS fan to my knowledge. I wasn't familiar with Gene having attempted to use King's music as evidence either, I thought he just sued him over the facepaint. If that's true, then that narrows the culprits down to Alice Cooper and Arthur Brown.