Black Metal.

Taken from "History of Metal 94'-95' (Creator of Metal Maniacs)

King Diamond's essential recommendations:

Uriah Heep - Look at Yourself
Captain Beyond
Black Sabbath
Deep Purple- In Rock
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II
Alice Cooper - Killer
Budgie - In for the Kill
Rush - Permanent Waves
Lucifer's Friend
Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny

Taken from "History of Metal 94'-95' (Creator of Metal Maniacs)

King Diamond's essential recommendations:

Uriah Heep - Look at Yourself
Captain Beyond
Black Sabbath
Deep Purple- In Rock
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II
Alice Cooper - Killer
Budgie - In for the Kill
Rush - Permanent Waves
Lucifer's Friend
Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny
Yeah, that's definitely his taste.

Simmons is a cheeky fecker if he sued someone for the face make-up, as though he created it, because he copied it from other people. To add to the list of others using it before Simmons that have been posted here, there was a female dancer for Hawkwind that used white facepaint with a black make-up over it, over her eyes just the same as Simmons and this was very early seventies and maybe even sixties. Simmons created nothing.

Yeah Simmons is a money obsessed tool. I doubt he even believes he's in the right on this, he's just looking to extort a little more ill-gotten wealth out of Kiss's dubious legacy.

Aye, Indeed. Other than him copying it ffrom others, he did use it, or KISS used it to very good effect, especially in their early years, and IMO made it their own. They were quite the stage show, I wont take that away from them.

Gene would kick his ass, I'm no fan of Gene's moneygrubbing, but he's played an important role in KISS who're a great band. Plus Gene is a natural 6 foot 2, Varg is a faggy shrimp.