Black Metal.

Welp, then that settles it. All hope is lost for this fucking album. "HEY GUYS, THE FIRST THREE MINUTES OF OUR NEW SONG DON'T SUCK ASS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER, BUT THAT'S BASICALLY BECAUSE WE PLAGIARIZED DREAM DEATH."

I certainly realize that. And, yes, I am a Zeppelin fan, but that doesn't mean I endorse their plagiarism anymore than I would ever endorse Darkthrone's. I know that's how music's built (drawing from other sources) so my qualm isn't quite that they're copying an influence of their's in and of itself, it's moreso just a thing of, really guys? You couldn't come up with your own riff or something? You're world class musicians, compose something.

They're not world class musicians by any stretch of the imagination, they're ageing music fans who happen to have a band. Fenriz's whole drumming style was always just Philthy + Appice.

You're weird.

Second wave (and onwards) black metal has pretty much always been about worshipping old bands. If anything they're more creative now that they are inspired by all of their influences, rather than just whatever would fit into the narrowly defined lines of what was acceptable to mix into your black metal.

You literally hold Darkthrone to a standard to which you don't hold bands you like.

Really? The guys who produced Soulside Journey, one of the most impressive death metal records ever, and then proceeded to revolutionize black metal with like 5 stone cold classic records in a row, aren't world class musicians? Phil Rudd's drum style is even simpler than Fenriz's, that doesn't mean he isn't a world class musician. It's okay to worship old bands too, I'd just prefer you do it in a way that's original and not, "LET'S STEAL THE RIFFS FROM DREAM DEATH". As stylistically copycat as many retro metal acts may be, few of them outright commit riff theft to my knowledge. I would without question say they were far more creative in the 90's when they were contorting black and death metal in new and exciting directions with wall to wall classics like Soulside and A Blaze In The Northern Sky. As for the last one, please expound further on what you mean by me holding other bands to differing standards.

There are plenty of bands that steal riffs, but for my money, I'd say most of them don't. How candid he is about his dearth of original ideas is of no importance to me.

Should've phrased that differently, yes, I do care in the sense that it annoys me on account of it being unoriginal, but it's of no importance to me in that "WELL, HE TOLD THE TRUTH ABOUT IT GUYS".

Original sounding so long as you aren't cognizant of it being ganked from Dream Death, which I wasn't. Enforcer compose their own riffs and such to my knowledge though, even though they are stylistically cloned.

You're naive.

But that's fine, I'm bored with you on this topic, since it's obvious that you don't have any genuine feelings about Darkthrone but rather some asinine views that you can't logically back up without contradicting yourself. It's simple stubbornness. Yawn.

I'm naïve? How? Because I don't presume songs are acts of plagiarism from the getgo? And I don't have any genuine feelings about Darkthrone? I call bullshit, I'm a huge fan, I just so happen to not like their new material. Also, care to apprise me of these major self-contradictions?

But that's fine, I'm bored with you on this topic, since it's obvious that you don't have any genuine feelings about Darkthrone but rather some asinine views that you can't logically back up without contradicting yourself. It's simple stubbornness. Yawn.

If you'd like change of subject, I just discovered a band from Barbados called Conrad, which drew my attention, since that's my name. That's a rather odd choice of band name; you don't see any black metal bands called Steve or Jeff. I guess that proves that my name is inherently metal.