Black Metal.

Don't have vocals. Those are bad, especially that high in the mix. At least record them after the songs are done and then mix them down.
Yeah I agree with Master, your vocals sound strange. Zephyrus and I record everything with a webcam and I think it comes out fine, so you don't need to shell out the big bucks.

As for Taake, I find the whole thing distasteful, but I'm not offended. The lead singer sounds like an exposed dick though.

I'm finally really appreciating the pre-Romances Mystic Forest albums as much as I should.

Green Hell is really fuckin' owning me right now.

Yeah I agree with Master, your vocals sound strange. Zephyrus and I record everything with a webcam and I think it comes out fine, so you don't need to shell out the big bucks.

I think I'm gonna go to walmart and shell out ten bucks for a new mic. Ten bucks or something, I don't know.

Anyway, Stigmatic Chorus owns Russian Black Metal. Period.

Well I just gave the new Naglfar album a couple spins, and I found this album thoroughly enjoyable. The guitars are thicker than Pariah but they churn out the same quality of menacing melodic black metal. Olivius' vocals have improved a bit, but nobody will ever properly replace Jens Ryden.
Lyrics are even worse than the previous album, but that was the only major drawback to the album.

Naglfar's new shit is probably the best 2007 release I've heard.

Ive heard Dark Throne, Dark Funeral, Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth, umm Leviathan. Those are some off the top of my head that Ive heard and liked for the most part, but I need more.

Melodic/2nd wave Black Metal (a la Dimmu)
Catamenia - ChaosBorn
Catamenia - Eskhata
Catamenia - Eternal Winter's Prophecy
Catamenia - Halls Of Frozen North
Cryptic Wintermoon - A Coming Storm
Cryptic Wintermoon - The Age of Cataclysm
Graveworm - (N)utopia
Graveworm - Scourge Of Malice
Mirzadeh - The Creatures of Loviatar
Mirzadeh - Ancient Rites
Mustan Kuun Lapset - Talvenranta
Naglfar - Harvest
Ajattara - Kuolema
Christ Agony - Daemoonseth - Act II
Enochian Crescent - Omega Telocvovim
Rotting Christ - Thy Mighty Contract
Samael - Blood Ritual
Samael - Ceremony of Opposites (Reissue inc. Rebellion EP)

Raw Black Metal (a la Dark Throne)
Calvarium - The Skull of Golgotha
Carpathian Forest - Black Shining Leather
Carpathian Forest - Were Going To Hell For This
Horna - Envaatnags Eflos Solf Esgantaa
Nargaroth - Black Metal Ist Krieg
The Abyss - Summon The Beast
Ulver - Bergtatt
Xasthur - Suicide In Dark Serenity

Ajatarra is pretty bad in my opinion. Bland and repetitive dark black/death metal stuff with a gloomy, goth edge. Blech. The album last year was boring as fuck.

Alkonost is great, but they don't particularly become better [or worse] with age. They just kind of play the same shit over and over, and it's pretty good. All their albums sound absolutely the same to me. Or at least the chick singer's vocals. Same in every song. =[

In any case, I'm hard-pressed to call them black metal, anyway.