Black Metal.

Taken from the upcoming 10 year anniversary release "The Ancient Pulse". Due for release on October 26th. 2018 marks the 10 year anniversary of the West Virginia duo Nechochwen. Nechochwen have been an eclectic and powerful enigma in the musical world since their inception with their blend of extreme metal and Appalachian folk music. 3 years after the critically acclaimed “Heart of Akamon” album the band returns with a quality collection of rare and previously unreleased songs. “The Ancient Pulse” also features cover songs from Rotting Christ and Ozzy Osbourne as well as reworked songs from the excellent OtO LP. This exclusive and limited CD comes with a 16 page booklet including lyrics, liner notes and rare photos.

Think I'll be grabbing this comp. Loved their Heart of Akamon album, great blend of folk music, black metal with an overall kinda epic feel to everything.

Finally checking this album out. I meant to get this back when it dropped eight years ago but forgot about it. Amazon Prime rules.

281314.jpg

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
Anyone have any thoughts in the new A Forest of Stars? I have the special edition at the house but I haven’t had a chance to spin it yet.

I absolutely loved their first couple of albums but then they changed their sound from low fi campfire black metal to bland atmospheric black metal that sounds like everything else out there.

I actually think their sound is more original now. The earlier stuff sounds like WITTR and all their clones. Vigilence Eternal doesn't really remind me of anyone except maybe Saor with their warm, triumphant melodies although Falls of Rauros are still much more subtle and aggressive than them.Perhaps Panopticon too, but I think Falls of Rauros are much better.

I actually think their sound is more original now. The earlier stuff sounds like WITTR and all their clones. Vigilence Eternal doesn't really remind me of anyone except maybe Saor with their warm, triumphant melodies although Falls of Rauros are still much more subtle and aggressive than them.Perhaps Panopticon too, but I think Falls of Rauros are much better.
Have you heard their Into the Archaic demo? Their atmospheric minimalism stands apart from the Cascadian atmo black that defines WITTR and their ilk.

Anyone have any thoughts in the new A Forest of Stars? I have the special edition at the house but I haven’t had a chance to spin it yet.
Only listened to it once when it first came out but it didn't disappoint with the aggressive black avantgarde style. I believe the artwork that comes with that edition is supposed to be pretty sick, formatted like an old newspaper or something, so enjoy.