Black Metal.

So what are your opinions on the new Behemoth album? I still haven't gotten through since I dont feel like doing it. The singles were okayish, but I dont feel compelled to listen to the whole thing.

So what are your opinions on the new Behemoth album? I still haven't gotten through since I dont feel like doing it. The singles were okayish, but I dont feel compelled to listen to the whole thing.
Is in general terms an enjoyable album. It lacks punch due the lightness of guitars, but the actual compositions are good. The track order could have been better and the intro utterly sucks.

Reactions: EspaDa
Been revisiting some under appreciated mid 90s Swedish black metal that deserve more attention.

View attachment 17555

Thornium - Dominions of the Eclipse

View attachment 17556

Nefandus - The Nightwinds Carried Our Names

View attachment 17557

Setherial - Nord

View attachment 17558

Sohrin - I det glimrande morkrets djup

View attachment 17559

Nastrond - Toteslaut

View attachment 17560

Throne of Ahaz - Nifelheim

View attachment 17561

Lord Belial - Enter the Moonlight Gate

Never heard of Thornium, added them to my black metal playlist. Love spotify.

Looking for recommendations of freezing cold majestic black metal.

Stuff like:

Sorcier des Glaces - North
Paysage d’hiver
Early Forteresse
In the Nightside Eclipse
Moonblood
Far Away from the Sun
Pure Holocaust

In other words, give me the most bone-chilling and frigid black metal you’ve ever heard.

Last edited:
Apologies, I guess I don't listen to enough black metal that I'm able to separate the cold and frigid bands from the less cold and less frigid bands, since majority of the genre sounds cold and frigid to me.

This is most of the stuff I liked and saved to a Youtube playlist, you might find something in here:

Really? I’ve always thought they were a pretty average band. I’ll give it a listen. Can’t be worse than the new Funeral Mist which defiled my ears.