Black Metal.

Not really. The first album is more like GBH and The Exploited with a healthy dose of Motorhead and Satan (not the band). The second album is unquestionably influenced by Venom, but I tend to give a bit of credence to Quorthon's claim that he hadn't heard Venom by the time he recorded the first album, though the similarity in song titles is a bit usual (though this may actually also be further support, because why the hell would he borrow (rather generic) song titles to begin with?).

he also said he'd never heard slayer so

bastketball_ist_krieg.jpg

Lost Infinity-Raven Loft is very, very good gothic black metal. Great keyboards and interluded female vocals. Drums are excellent as well. The shrieks are great, but the rare low vocals are awful. Only major weak point I can find, though. :kickass:

Nargaroth are for the most part extremely average. Prosatanica - Shooting Angels is boring as fuck; a complete snoozefest, much worse than Black Metal ist Krieg. Geliebte des Regens is good in small doses, but too repetitive, and the same goes for Amarok. The Raslukas sound most interesting to me.

A question to all you Europeans. Are there any places where I can find black metal in Dresden, Wroclaw, Prague or Brussels? I'm going to Europe in July and I'll be in these cities during a 2 week tour of central Europe.