Black Metal.

No, but then again I think Belphegor sucks. Their best is Blutsabbath imo, and I didn't even like that very much.

edit-@zeph

Oh. I thought he might have gotten arrested here multiple times or something :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised. That would be so metal.

I think he (Frost) did get arrested for getting in a fight with someone while on tour in the US. At least that's what I remember hearing. Since then he hasn't been let in.

I don't think he was ever in the US...I think he's not allowed in because he has a criminal record.

Quick question, Someone told me Bathory's debut album was the first ever black metal album. Is that true? If so, I just got this cd from a local store and it rocks!

Unless you consider Venom black metal. If you don't, then you shouldn't consider Bathory's debut to be either. Quorthon said he never heard Venom, but I find that hard to believe, when you see how similar the lyrics are and hear how similar the music is. Bathory's debut is just like NWOBHM with snarling vocals, which Venom had been doing since about 1980-81. I know it's trivial shit, but I don't like the whole question of "who did ___ first?" anyway.

Bathory's debut is just like NWOBHM with snarling vocals, which Venom had been doing since about 1980-81.

Not really. The first album is more like GBH and The Exploited with a healthy dose of Motorhead and Satan (not the band). The second album is unquestionably influenced by Venom, but I tend to give a bit of credence to Quorthon's claim that he hadn't heard Venom by the time he recorded the first album, though the similarity in song titles is a bit usual (though this may actually also be further support, because why the hell would he borrow (rather generic) song titles to begin with?).

While not strictly BM, I finally got my hands on Lurker of Chalice :kickass:

And wtf is it with people here going so erectile over Nachtmystium? They're good, but not that good