Black Metal.

inquis1.jpg

Fucking Sweet :kickass:

Does anyone else think the drums on some of Gorgoroth-Under The Sign Of Hell are extremely annoying? Like in Revelation Of Doom, for example. It ruins the songs. It sounds like he is banging on a sheet of plastic with a ruler.

They're certainly different, but I think the production as a whole on that album really gives it a certain aura...like you're violently spiraling downward into the deepest tracts of hell (Aura Noir pun anyone?). That said, it's not something I listen to often.

Eh, I think it is quite shitty for a Gorgoroth album. The songwriting is not too brilliant. Pentagram and Antichrist are far better. Obviusly.

It's certainly not their best. But it has nothing to do with the production, for me anyway. I've never rated the band very highly to begin with. In fact, I only own Under The Sign Of Hell, and that was a blind buy years ago. I haven't felt compelled to buy the first two yet.

I never really thought it had much to do with the production. Besides the snare sound being slightly annoying, I didn't find many of the songs to be that interesting. None of them are really as memorable as any on the first two releases. Not much of a replay value. By no means a bad album, just not really good.

However, the new Marduk sounds full of awesomeness, and I can't wait to get my hands on a hard copy once it is released.

Eh, I think it is quite shitty for a Gorgoroth album. The songwriting is not too brilliant. Pentagram and Antichrist are far better. Obviusly.

I honestly thing those two are the only ones worth buying. I've heard material from their others and it's immensely boring and generic.

By the way, how is Marduk's "La Grande Danse Macabre"?