Black Metal.

didnt dig Darkspace too much, then again im not big into the spacey ambient futuristic black metal. didnt dig mysticum too much either.

Fire Walk With Us was pretty good though. as is the art of dreaming.

I think the genre's ideals and outlook is pretty fucking laughable. The music is good, there was a time when that's all I listened to. I'm just burned out on it though. You know, you first discover this sound and you fall in love with it. In time, you eventually realize that all the shit sounds the same.

I'm into atmospheric stuff. Emperor, Arcturus' first album, the first few Dimmu albums, etc. But shit like Immortal and Darkthrone gets old. It's just faceless, soulless "art", in my opinion.

Leave the hall!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I love my black metal! I just can't stand it really raw. Some of the really "grym" stuff is cool. Gorgoroth is awesome, along with a few others. It's just guys like Mayhem that bug the shit out of me. I don't understand what people see in that.

I like my black metal really depressed and orchestrated. Something like Bal-Sagoth comes to mind. Summoning also kick balls. I could go on and on. Burzum, of course, is another.

I feel outer space and black metal mix well. Any other bands with this kind of concept, besides Aborym and Darkspace?

Paysage d'Hiver has clear similarities to Darkspace, since the same person is behind both projects.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I love my black metal! I just can't stand it really raw. Some of the really "grym" stuff is cool. Gorgoroth is awesome, along with a few others. It's just guys like Mayhem that bug the shit out of me. I don't understand what people see in that.

I like my black metal really depressed and orchestrated. Something like Bal-Sagoth comes to mind. Summoning also kick balls. I could go on and on. Burzum, of course, is another.

How in the world is Bal-Sagoth depressed?!

I used to think the same thing, but don't worry; it'll grow on you. Some of the best black metal is the gr1m/kvlt/n3cr0 stuff.

Indeed.

Good split album alert!

C.Y.T/Hostis/Drastus - From The Womb Of Ferocious

Check out each band's other stuff as well.

Edit: OK, Hostis' part is all ambient/martial industrial, and the first Drastus song ("Drastus") is basically power electronics/industrial...but the rest is good BM!!

How in the world is Bal-Sagoth depressed?!

Maybe "depressed" isn't the word I'm looking for. That's a little emo. "Spacey" is better.

And it won't grow on me, I went through that phase. Trust me, I've listened to a shitload of black metal in my time. I just don't do it too often.

But it is Easter, so I'll make an exception. Impaled Nazarene?

I feel outer space and black metal mix well. Any other bands with this kind of concept, besides Aborym and Darkspace?
Try Arud's 2001...The Saturnus Mission. Thy Catafalque have similar themes, although they are not strictly black metal, more instrumental avant-garde metal. Still, I find the atmosphere they attempt to create to be similar to that of Darkspace.