Black Metal.

:lol: yeah the "Mourning" word is becoming a bit cliche! ... Not as bad as "throne" though.

A friend of mine mentioned a band called Mirrorthrone to me once. I just laughed - I mean "dark" "throne" makes sense as a name, but Mirrorthrone? What fucking idiot came up with a name like that :lol:

^ I'm not a huge fan of covers, but how GOOD is that Veil cover of "Ea, Lord of the Depths". His playing is just so precise!

I love that cover; I like the guitars on it better than the original version. I posted something about this band in the USBM thread. I loved the cover on the Burzum tribute bootleg so much I got the actual Veil album. It was okay, but I couldn't help but be dissapointed. Dolor, I think it's called?

edit-The version on the Burzum bootleg is different than the Veill studio album. Better, imo. I can send it if you want.

:lol: yeah the "Mourning" word is becoming a bit cliche! ... Not as bad as "throne" though.

A friend of mine mentioned a band called Mirrorthrone to me once. I just laughed - I mean "dark" "throne" makes sense as a name, but Mirrorthrone? What fucking idiot came up with a name like that :lol:

You need to listen to Mirrorthrone! Seriously fucking amazing.

Arud are ambient, not black metal.
Yeah, I was thinking of Oblomov's Mighty Cosmic Dances, which is a bit too bouncy to compare to Darkspace. Arud does, however, play a heavier brand of dark ambient utilizing percussion and vocals combined with fairly concise song structures. You could almost make the comparison to Darkspace, sans guitars. Certainly closer to black metal than more typical 'space' ambient like _Algol_, Neptune Towers, Ariel Kalma or Klaus Schulze.

I'm liking this (with black metal radio) track "Fall of Seraphs" off Mayhem's Wolf's Lair Abyss EP. Maniac's vocals are much more tolerable than on Grand Declaration of War.

Is this EP a worthy pick-up?