Black Metal.

xasthur is hated by most people these days.... in 2002 he was praise by many.... but he losts most of his fanboys in 2004 with flooding the market with tons of crappy albums/splits/re-records.

i remember that he said once on the FMP board.... "i will end xasthur in 2003"

I absolutely agree. A lot of people here know that I hold Nocturnal Poisoning in EXTREMELY high esteem...after that...nothing is as good.

The results, made possible by everyone here, proved what I thought: that American Black Metal fans are patriotic about USBM.

Make note that you proved a majority of American Black Metal fans are patriotic about USBM. Personally, I am just as un-patriotic about my country's metal as I am about everything else about my country. I like a few things about it, but overall I'm not really a fan.

^

Serious mate, this time I'm not trying to do the whole anti-US thing (some of you guys are really cool, ok?),...
PS - again, I'm not trying to be anti-US here, just... enjoying discussion is all :)
Hubster, please don't misunderstand, I am not trying to say you are bashing America again here, and some of us (me) are really cool. What I was meaning was instead your and others tendency to make it seem like there is a mass of people who overrate anything you don't like. I think that happens sometimes, such as bands like CoB, but I really don't think that is the case here. Dodens pretty much sums up my feelings:
1. Maybe I'm just not aware of it, but I don't really consider the USBM scene to be overrated since it seems to get shat on just as much as it's praised. It's pretty boring overall, but it seems that most people agree with that assessment, so I don't see how it's overrated.

2. Fans from any given band's home country tend to lean slightly toward the 'patriotic' side, it's not just American fans toward American bands.

From what I've heard the 2nd wave Norwegian scene has been my favorite along with a few other Scandinavian bands.

I haven't decided which scene is my favortie. The reason being is that Symphonic BM is my favorite kind of black metal and since there is no symphonic BM scene in any specific area, I can't play favorites. Based on that, I suppose I could pick Norway as the majority of symphonic BM bands are from there.

not that it's brutal....(Funeral Mist wins for brutal black metal)

it's just something i've heard 100 times before...

I live in America, and I am in no way patriotic about the USBM scene. I find that the USBM bands I like are not pure black metal: Tearstained, Grand Belial's Key, Absu, Grom. I think that Eurpean black metal is better overall, including the Greek and Italian scenes.

Hubster, please don't misunderstand, I am not trying to say you are bashing America again here, and some of us (me) are really cool. What I was meaning was instead your and others tendency to make it seem like there is a mass of people who overrate anything you don't like. I think that happens sometimes, such as bands like CoB, but I really don't think that is the case here. Dodens pretty much sums up my feelings:

It's ok mate :) I know what you mean... believe me, I know when there's stuff that I think rules and that everyone else sucks for not seeing my pov (i.e. when I'm being an idiot, and I know I'm doing it :lol: ), but this isn't one of those times... there seriously is a lot of trash in this forum which seems to be praised for who knows what reason!

An interesting thought though... would it so happen that those of us who don't agree on the general tastes of the majority group here happen to not be from the US?

(Again, not a US bashing thing, just an observation - I find taste variance between countries an interesting thing to be honest).

Well you not liking Deathspell Omega, as an American, goes against the point that he was making actually.