Black Metal.

I heard it and Kenose, and I guess nowadays BM fans desperately need a newer band to cling to. I didn't hear anything special and assume it's the orthodox nonsense that appeals to people. The "classic" praise seems premature and laughable.

Competently played. Nothing more.

I heard it and Kenose, and I guess nowadays BM fans desperately need a newer band to cling to. I didn't hear anything special and assume it's the orthodox nonsense that appeals to people. The "classic" praise seems premature and laughable.

Competently played. Nothing more.

I fully agree. Though it is a good album, it does not have the compelling songwriting that many claim it to. I think Nachtmystium are better than these guys.

Well, it looks like DSO is releasing a new album July 16, called "Fas- Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum" (metal ought to cut back on the latin, eh?). If this was news months ago, I wasn't aware of it till today.

We'll see how much hype this one garners. Seems like alot of people have lost interest in them with the material that came after SMRC. I'll still check it out.

Has anyone else heard the new Abigor album? I just did today, and I'm surprised at how much I like it. I'm not usually one for the spastic avant-garde type of Black Metal that is played here, but there's a little something extra to it. It takes a few listens to grasp it, but once you do it's a good listen.

Nachthymnen, yes, but fuck Satanized, and what I've heard of Fractal Possession was even worse.

Nachthymnen is indeed essential.

I'm looking forward to the new Deathspell Omega, but not nearly as much as I was when the idea of a trilogy was initially mentioned.

Everyone should get Plague, Waste and Death by Morrigan. ...And everything else they've released.

Everyone should get Plague, Waste and Death by Morrigan. ...And everything else they've released.

Indeed. I have everything through Welcome To Samhain and plan to get The Damned next month. You should also get Mayhemic Truth - In Memoriam released by I Hate Records if it's still available.

As for Deathspell Omega, there is no question in my mind that it will be a solid release. It should be interesting to see how the more compact Fas... at a lean 46 minutes works against the long-winded SMRC.

very recently checked out behexen - by the blessing of satan, excellent stuff :kickass:

Has anyone else heard the new Abigor album? I just did today, and I'm surprised at how much I like it. I'm not usually one for the spastic avant-garde type of Black Metal that is played here, but there's a little something extra to it. It takes a few listens to grasp it, but once you do it's a good listen.

the new abigor surely destroy every others album they've done in therm of originality and technicality.

great album, not so easy to listen at first but after a couple of spins it's certainly better than the new watain.