Black Metal.

His early work, anyway. I haven't heard anything he's done after his first stint in Mayhem, but his vocals on The Seventh Day Of Doom, Anno Domini, and De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas especially are incredible. Fuck off the haters.

His early work, anyway. I haven't heard anything he's done after his first stint in Mayhem, but his vocals on The Seventh Day Of Doom, Anno Domini, and De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas especially are incredible. Fuck off the haters.

Amen. His work on Ordo Ad Chao is also impeccable and very fitting to the doomy atmosphere of the music. He ranks among my top 5 favorite black metal vocalists.

Is Chthonic's Seediq Bale worth picking up?

Does anyone else recognize how fucking good Attila Csihar is?
Amen. His work on Ordo Ad Chao is also impeccable and very fitting to the doomy atmosphere of the music. He ranks among my top 5 favorite black metal vocalists.

Listen to Aborym for Christ's sake. Some of his best vocal work is performed for this Italian band and not enough people recognize this fact.

Black metal. One of my favorite bands. If you dont have it yet buy it but understand its not anything you will have heard in your life.

I have Imaginary Sonicscape, one of my favourite albums, its just hard to call it black metal.

@Captain - I read some reviews, have been meaning to check them out. The vibe I have been getting though is that they are more Death Metal than Black Metal.

Okay, here are the black metal bands I have heard:

Immortal
Mayhem
Sargeist
Enslaved
Behemoth
Satyricon
Emperor
Dimmu Borgir

Someone recommend me 3 essential black metal albums that I need to get. Here's the catch: They must still be in print

I don't like Industrial influences in my Metal.

Me neither.

Okay, here are the black metal bands I have heard:

Immortal
Mayhem
Sargeist
Enslaved
Behemoth
Satyricon
Emperor
Dimmu Borgir

Someone recommend me 3 essential black metal albums that I need to get. Here's the catch: They must still be in print

The obvious:

Burzum - Filosofem
Deathspell Omega - Si Monumentum Requires Circumspice
Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger

Others:
Ildjarn - Det Frysende Nordariket
Grimlair - Locked Up and Forgotten
Anaal Nathrakh - Eschaton