Black Metal.

ill be getting it without hearing it. abigor is always worth owning. forget that SMRC, Nachthymnen is essential

Yes, Nachtymnen is quite good and, in my opinion, the only Abigor release that is really mandatory listening for any bm fan.

Also, nothing DSO has released is essential. I'm getting kind of sick of the excessive praise that this band gets. I won't deny that they're a pretty skilled band though.

Well, it looks like DSO is releasing a new album July 16, called "Fas- Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum" (metal ought to cut back on the latin, eh?). If this was news months ago, I wasn't aware of it till today.

We'll see how much hype this one garners. Seems like alot of people have lost interest in them with the material that came after SMRC. I'll still check it out.
I am quite excited for this release. I don't think the band has lost any steam on this forum. They are discussed quite regularly. This surely will be a more anticipated release than say, Mort from the similarly hyped at the time Blut Aus Nord. I'm glad the length has been cut down. I thought there was quite a bit of extraneous material on SMRC. There were times where a riff was stretched too long to accomodate the lyrics.

I think SMRC is very overrated relative to the rest of the band's catalogue. If I'm driving somewhere and I only have 20 minutes, I'd much rather play a few from Inquisitors or one of the Kenose songs. Many do not appreciate how solid the rest of the band's material is. I rarely have 70 minutes to sit and digest an album, so SMRC loses some value to me for that reason.

Anyone else listened to the new Peste Noire album?

It's fairly good but nothing at all spectacular, and not as good as earlier material. I've only listened to it once so it's hard to judge but I'm rather disappointed.

I am quite excited for this release. I don't think the band has lost any steam on this forum. They are discussed quite regularly. This surely will be a more anticipated release than say, Mort from the similarly hyped at the time Blut Aus Nord. I'm glad the length has been cut down. I thought there was quite a bit of extraneous material on SMRC. There were times where a riff was stretched too long to accomodate the lyrics.

I think SMRC is very overrated relative to the rest of the band's catalogue. If I'm driving somewhere and I only have 20 minutes, I'd much rather play a few from Inquisitors or one of the Kenose songs. Many do not appreciate how solid the rest of the band's material is. I rarely have 70 minutes to sit and digest an album, so SMRC loses some value to me for that reason.

What the hell is wrong with Kenose? It's a fantastic release.

*raises hand*

Anaal Nathrakh is probably the most brutal black metal band I like, and one of my favorite bands out of Great Britain. The Codex Necro is so devastatingly vicious it's almost frightening ("The Supreme Necrotic Audnance" is still my favorite song by the band). Domine Non Es Dignus was less brutal and a worthy experiment as it lay the groundwork for Eschaton, which features the band's new style mixed with their violent past.

*raises hand*

Anaal Nathrakh is probably the most brutal black metal band I like, and one of my favorite bands out of Great Britain. The Codex Necro is so devastatingly vicious it's almost frightening ("The Supreme Necrotic Audnance" is still my favorite song by the band). Domine Non Es Dignus was less brutal and a worthy experiment as it lay the groundwork for Eschaton, which features the band's new style mixed with their violent past.

I love the chaos that band presents.

I like them both, but I prefer Eternal over those two for some reason. Excellent band no matter what phase in their evolution.

Really. I think Eternal is an awful piece of shit. It was the first album I bought from them.

Worship Him gets my vote

Does anyone else like Anaal Nathrakh?

The Codex Necro was great..... a bit too computerized/industrial in some parts..... with a real drummer this album would be much better.

the two albums on seasons of mist are medium imo.