Black Metal.

Nachtmystium is good. Even the older stuff is well executed, if unoriginal. There's nothing quite like the new album that I know of.

I hate when people shit on USBM for lack of originality, then turn around and also shit on the original bands in the scene. Whether you like Nachtmystium or not, they deserve credit for being unique, which is no small accomplishment in 2007.

Nachtmystium has never appealed to me. I haven't checked out of their albums though, I am most familiar mainly with "Instinct: Decay" which I thought was a 'decent' album but was incredibly dull, and I haven't cared for anything else I've heard.

Assuming one has the means to listen to a lot of metal bands, I don't know why one wouldn't have checked them out yet. At least look up the myspace page.

People who bitch about black metal bands all sounding like Darkthrone or Burzum should be satisfied with these guys.

Nachtmystium has never appealed to me. I haven't checked out of their albums though, I am most familiar mainly with "Instinct: Decay" which I thought was a 'decent' album but was incredibly dull, and I haven't cared for anything else I've heard.

Agreed. I find Nachtmystium alright, but nothing special as far as black metal goes. Now Limbonic Art, that's an amazing black metal band :headbang: