Black Metal.

Epheles Souviens-Toi for the fucking win!

I've said this many times before with Epheles, that was an album that I was incredibly impressed with upon first couple listens but since then it just hasn't impressed to that extent. It's still a great album though, however I really dislike drum sound.

pluto said:
Mayhems Ordo Ad Chao sucks

1 - it was deliberate
2 - doesn't sound like it was recorded on lo-fi equipment
3 - it was a obviously a ploy to gain back credibility

Deathcrush was pretty lo-fi but the difference was - it sounded good regardless and was obviously recorded at a time when the band didn't have much money to spend on good equipment. Ordo Ad Chao just sounds like a sterile attempt of recreating the sound they had when they first started. I'm not impressed. I'm not stupid.

At least someone here is intelligent!

It doesn't sound like the sound they had when they first started - if anything it sounds like a much better executed Eternity - Bringer of the Fall.

It is a fantastic album.

why is this Nachtmystium band CONSTANTLY discussed in this thread?

Because for many posters here, it's their kind of "local" band and the yanks are sticking up for them. Cool that so many support them in this forum, that's good - people should support their locals. But they're awfully over-rated, and on a global scale, obviously insignificant.

Because for many posters here, it's their kind of "local" band and the yanks are sticking up for them. Cool that so many support them in this forum, that's good - people should support their locals. But they're awfully over-rated, and on a global scale, obviously insignificant.

What the fuck? Shut up, please.

why do you hate america so much?

On a global scale, most every band anyone listens to here is insignificant.

The new Mayhem album was alright. I found it like a more bland De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas. It sounded like a Mayhem rip-off band, not the real Mayhem sort of thing if you get what I mean.

I know what you mean, but Attila's vocals were pretty good and Hellhammer's drummer was great, to be honest. Overall, though, don't know if I'd recommend it to someone who is not a fan of Mayhem.

why do you hate america so much?

Believe it or not, I actually don't. It's just that you folks are over-patriotic. I'm simply saying that you guys are sticking up for your local band, which is great. It's just that that local band is totally shit. :D

I disagree, Leviathan, Xasthur, Mort (I think is American), just to name the primary ones I listen to are all amazing bands. Xasthur is quite popular in the black metal scene and they have a very blatant USBM sound to them.

There is no such thing as a USBM sound. It doesn't exist. :rolleyes: