Black Metal.

The vocalist of Master's Hammer is exceptional. One of my favorite bands, though I don't care for Slagry.

The vocalist of Master's Hammer is exceptional. One of my favorite bands, though I don't care for Slagry.

I almost bought a Master's Hammer album.....

Why is the French scene so good, yet Norway's scene now is boring.

Does anyone know what the new Tulus sounds like.

People are constantly praising the current French scene, yet all I enjoy are Peste Noire (to a degree), ALcest, Amesoeurs, Celestia, Mortifera, and Belenos.

Please tell me some quality bands I'm missing. Notice I said quality, so DO NOT mention Blut Aus Nord or Deathsmell Omega.

People are constantly praising the current French scene, yet all I enjoy are Peste Noire (to a degree), ALcest, Amesoeurs, Celestia, Mortifera, and Belenos.

Please tell me some quality bands I'm missing. Notice I said quality, so DO NOT mention Blut Aus Nord or Deathsmell Omega.

Epheles

C.Y.T
Bekhira
Hirilorn
Osculum Infame
Seigneur Voland
The Eye
Children Of Maani

The last two are BAN projects by Vindsval only. The Eye released one demo and one LP of pretty great ambient black metal, and the Children of Maani EP is excellently melodic sophisticated BM. If you have not heard BAN's Memoria Vetusta I: Fathers of the Icy Age or Ultima Thulée, I'd highly suggest those too. They are NOTHING like TWWTG and company.

C.Y.T
Bekhira
Hirilorn
Osculum Infame
Seigneur Voland
The Eye
Children Of Maani

The last two are BAN projects by Vindsval only. The Eye released one demo and one LP of pretty great ambient black metal, and the Children of Maani EP is excellently melodic sophisticated BM. If you have not heard BAN's Memoria Vetusta I: Fathers of the Icy Age or Ultima Thulée, I'd highly suggest those too. They are NOTHING like TWWTG and company.

Never heard of CYT or Bekhira. I have Hirilorn's material. Osculum Inflame I belive is fairly rare stuff, if I'm not mistaken. I am familiar with Seigneur Voland and Kristallnacht.

I've not heard those BAN projects nor any BAN material except TWWTG, which I thought was pathetic.

I've heard only good things about Epheles

TWWTG is not something to judge all BAN off of, trust me. Candlelight re-released the two first BAN albums, so you have no excuse not to check them out. They're excellent, not even close to dissociated/industrialized stuff like TWWTG and beyond (though I really liked that one anyway).

C.Y.T are a rather new band. I discovered them through Drastus, the one-man BM project of a guy in the band. Drastus is okay, but suffers from the typical pitfalls of modern one-man BM projects (drum machine which kind of sounds like shit, not that interesting). C.Y.T features a good yet still raw production, great vocals, excellent (for BM) drumming, and slightly different themes/aesthetics.

Bekhira's L'Elu du Mal is quite good, but not necessary.

If you want, I can burn you a copy of Osculum Infame's Dor-Nu Fauglith, as it is fairly rare, and send it to you via post in the future. I could include whatever else you haven't heard also, most likely. Let me know.

Arkhon Infaustus

Better than metal, containing the best "Sabre Dance" cover I've yet to hear. :kickass:

This I gotta hear.

Also J. check out Malleus Maleficarum's Taedium Vitae. It is there only good release. Nothing really life changing but still good. They turned pretty gay after this release.

TWWTG is not something to judge all BAN off of, trust me. Candlelight re-released the two first BAN albums, so you have no excuse not to check them out. They're excellent, not even close to dissociated/industrialized stuff like TWWTG and beyond (though I really liked that one anyway).

Yes. "Memoria Vetusta I - Fathers of the Icy Age

" is a great release. The production is utter shit though, not in a darkthrone way, everything is just muffled. If you like that one check out BAN'S new album which is a good mix of everything they have done, or so that is what I am thinking after hearing the new track.

I also don't get the idea of why Alcest is so good. If I want shoegaze I will listen to My Bloody Valentine.

The production is not even close to shit...I can hear everything perfectly. It probably takes getting used to, but I think it has a rather full sound (compared to Darkthrone, at least). The new album is not out yet but yeah it seems like it will combine the newer stuff with the older according to the Myspace song.

Alcest are pretty great, but they are not straight shoegaze like MBV at all. If you think that's what's going on, you're missing the point. Alcest are more like uplifting BM crossed with shoegaze ideas and neo-folk parts.

C.Y.T are a rather new band. I discovered them through Drastus, the one-man BM project of a guy in the band. Drastus is okay, but suffers from the typical pitfalls of modern one-man BM projects (drum machine which kind of sounds like shit, not that interesting). C.Y.T features a good yet still raw production, great vocals, excellent (for BM) drumming, and slightly different themes/aesthetics.

Bekhira's L'Elu du Mal is quite good, but not necessary.

If you want, I can burn you a copy of Osculum Infame's Dor-Nu Fauglith, as it is fairly rare, and send it to you via post in the future. I could include whatever else you haven't heard also, most likely. Let me know.

I found TWWTG to be a pretty interesting album. Especially some of the industrialized drum sound.

Yeah. The reason I was listening to it so late is that when I first tried to get into black metal, I wasn't quite ready, and was repulsed by the symphonic stuff Zephyrus listened to. I finally found my own niche (suicidal/USBM stuff) which i still love, but Zephyrus has since given me his expanded collection of classics and I'm going through to see which ones suit me.