Black Metal.

C.Y.T
Bekhira
Hirilorn
Osculum Infame
Seigneur Voland
The Eye
Children Of Maani
i gave 'L'élu du Mal' a listen. one of the best things ive heard in a while. im now compelled to check out the rest you've mentioned. thanks :)

Inspired by this thread I listened to the 2nd and 3rd tracks of Hvis... and the latter half of Filosofem last night. It's still a tie. Before I considered Hvis a one-hit wonder album, but I realized the other tracks are very good. As for Filosofem, that's a two-hit wonder, but the other songs are worthy of completing a masterful album.

I found the Burzum/Aske album and Det Some Engang Var today at the music store for less than $10 each. I'm in ecstasy. :worship:

Lucky bastard.

I find myself only listening to "Dunkelheit" and "Jesus' Tod" while I haven't listened to the other songs more than once or twice.
That's the readson I'mn wary of buying Filosofem, I will definitely get it, but if it just has 2-3 songs for listneing,then it doesnt seem like the full length experience. Burzum/Aske has a few songs I already really love, that will be my first Burzum CD most likely.

It definitely IS a full-length experience...just because one of the songs is 25 minutes of ambience doesn't make it any less full-length...it just means you are impatient.

These Burzum CD's are expensive in most places, I just went to my campus CD store to see how it would cost if I ordered one and it was 26 $ at least for Burzum/Aske and Filosofem, Satyrcion's Dark Medieval Times and The Shadowthrone were good priced though. Didn't order yet, gonna check with Relapse and see if they got Burzum/Aske.

Burzum's songs are great, but the ambient stuff is just not to my liking. It's good when listening to full albums, but as stated I lack the patience for such a feat most of the time.

I, personally, have no problems with long drawn-out ambient songs. The music is too calm for me to care how repetitive and long it is.

For a while I've been considering getting into Dark Funeral, but I've put it off due to the negative vibes I've seen them draw from several people here. Today I found the opportunity to compromise. I saw for 7 dollars their In The Sign... MCD and from what I've researched, many believe it to contain the band's best material. I bought the album. My question is how the band had degenerated since this release?

For a while I've been considering getting into Dark Funeral, but I've put it off due to the negative vibes I've seen them draw from several people here. Today I found the opportunity to compromise. I saw for 7 dollars their In The Sign... MCD and from what I've researched, many believe it to contain the band's best material. I bought the album. My question is how the band had degenerated since this release?

I think it's due in part to a different vocalist.

Black metal has always struck me as a rather backwards genre, both musically and philosophically, in many ways, from the nonsensical adherence to low-quality production values to the advocacy of immature and naïve ethical systems. Bands such as Alcest and Solefald are thankfully dragging the genre out of the gutter, though it does trouble me somewhat that such fine artists would have listened to enough of the stuff to be influenced by it initially.

Thoth, I respect your opinion. I feel like the kid in the "Emperors new clothes". When I listen to Burzum all I hear is rubbish under produced primitive garbage. WTF am I failing to hear ?

It's kinda like when your nailing a hot broad, and just before you get up to busting a nut, she tries to get clever and slips a finger up your bum. You get so pissed off, you just have to start wailing on her for being such a dirty bitch, and then end up nutting in her eye and rubbing it in.

Actually I have no idea what I'm talking about, ignore me.