Black Metal.

Something is very wrong with the new BAN...I know they have a history of fucking with people, so I'm calling bullshit on this new album for now. Throwback to old albums my ass...not even close. They had an earlier sample up that was VERY much like the old works, and this new stuff is not even close. I smell bullshit!

It's better than MoRT regardless.

Something is very wrong with the new BAN...I know they have a history of fucking with people, so I'm calling bullshit on this new album for now. Throwback to old albums my ass...not even close. They had an earlier sample up that was VERY much like the old works, and this new stuff is not even close. I smell bullshit!

It's better than MoRT regardless.

Perhaps they've decided to save the throwback stuff for the supposed sequel to Memoria Vestua (SP?)? It kinda makes you wonder what the hell happened with the whole "anti all things traditional" stance they had going during The Work... :Smug:

I listened to a newer track off that album you refer on their myspace. The drum production sounds exactly like it did on The Work.... How's that for (minor) throwback, in a way... ha.

Mathiäs;6502726 said:
I bought Keep of Kalessin's Armada yesterday. Kickass shit.

the Reclaim EP is so much better than Armada..... armada is just too heavy/speed metal for me...... Reclaim was still black metal with avant garde touch.

Solipsist is right I guess..... I was expecting a better album than Mort Part 2 actually..... I guess the sample they posted was for Memoria Vetusa Part 2...... but who knows when it will be released.

No it wasn't, it was for Odinist, when it had the other cover art. I remember it quite well. Other things that make me doubt this new one include a press release from Candlelight:

""This opus is considered by the band as a return to the feeling of their first creations. More epic, melodic and powerful!"
- Candlelight Records"

I don't know how much this has been discussed in this thread but I really fucking despise bands that limit their releases to 100 copies or shit like that just for fucking scene points. So retarded.

I don't know how much this has been discussed in this thread but I really fucking despise bands that limit their releases to 100 copies or shit like that just for fucking scene points. So retarded.

Yes. Grimlair limited Inside to 50 copies which pisses me off, as theres like no chance of me getting it.

I just looked up Grimlair on M-A...

LMAO

50 copies for a full-length album? They're burning them onto CD-R themselves, the fucktards.

"We're only gonna burn 50 copies of this, only the coolest 50 people get a copy. Tch, like we're gonna go buy more CD-R's."

Yeah that is stupid in black metal, especially because there is SO much support for BM bands on large(ish) labels...

However, maybe they don't really want that kind of exposure.

Or maybe they're just cocks.

However, maybe they don't really want that kind of exposure.

That elitist mentality can seriously fuck off. I know being elitist is "like, so scene" but do they really think there are only 50-100 people in the world that can "truly appreciate their dark art?"

It just seems so...adolescent. I don't think signing with a huge sellout label is good either, but they act like releasing only 50 copies of an album adds inches to their collective grimpenis.

That elitist mentality can seriously fuck off. I know being elitist is "like, so scene" but do they really think there are only 50-100 people in the world that can "truly appreciate their dark art?"

It just seems so...adolescent. I don't think signing with a huge sellout label is good either, but they act like releasing only 50 copies of an album adds inches to their collective grimpenis.

Yes it is rather stupid, but it isn't "elitist" at all. It's just quite immature as you did mention. And I don't see how you saying that it increases their grimpenis length is going to change shit; everyone is still going to do it anyway...but I guess that is the nature of things here.

All of my releases have been limited to 100 or less and most are CD-Rs (or tapes). But I think it probably has more to do with the scene size for noise and experimental underground music being smaller than BM, which actually has quite a large fanbase when you think about it. In this way, I very much agree.

While I do agree mostly with people's aversion to limited releases, there's also another side to this. With the growing impact of digital music the amount of sold releases is surely declining. Therefore, especially within a limited market as black metal, pressing large quantities may not be the best thing to do. A band or label could very well be stuck with hundreds of copies that will never sell. So, I don't think all of the bands release them purely for their kvlt status.