Black Metal.

^ Mikko's vocals are really incredible. Filled with such hate and disgust, in terms of BM vocalists of today, he really is up there.

Indeed, however they are also very far up on the "not even pronouncing totally/completely omitting fragments of sentences and sometimes entire words written in booklets" list too! :p

Re: CM's album being '06...yeah. Whatever. They are wrong. The official site states:

"Label: Mighty Music
Date: 26th of March 2007 (DK), 18th of June 2007 (Worldwide)"

The new Blut Aus Nord is fucking brilliant folks. Retains the unsettling, disturbing character their music has, but has an old school Nordic feel to it as well. This is definitely up there for top 10 of 2007.

Oh thank god. I cant wait to buy it. TWWTFG is a fucking amazing album. Are there still the atonality sections? That is what made me love TWWTFG.

I'm not sure how anyone feels about this band but I really enjoy Nuit Noire's demos. Lunar Deflagration I like as well, though it's a bit different. I imagine this is a band you either love or hate after hearing. I haven't heard anything released after Lunar Deflagration however.

Nuit Noire is pretty funny shit...Tenebras used to be rather serious, but now it's kind of silly...OK very silly...faerical blasting punk haha...

I'm listening to Veles' Black Hateful Metal. This, despite the guitars sounding like a 13 year old with no lessons is playing them, is quite good.

Okay. I am VERY happy with Darkthrone's new album. I can see why Fenriz & Culto think it will piss a lot of people off, and it will. New Wave of Black Heavy Metal indeed - it's exactly what it is! :kickass:

Nuit Noire is pretty funny shit...Tenebras used to be rather serious, but now it's kind of silly...OK very silly...faerical blasting punk haha...

Yeah Lunar Deflagration seems like where it stopped being serious, but the demos I don't really find comical at all, aside from the general over-the-top quality of the vocals. The music is quirky for sure, but not quite on the level of LD.

Maybe I should check out this more recent stuff and see just how ridiculous it's gotten :)

Hm, I should hear that...

Hubster, go listen to Octinomos and report back!

Okay I headed over to their myspace, and was bombarded with that fucking awful cliche keyboard intro...

... and frankly this band doesn't do it for me: Pest Noire does a similar thing better with better skill, better songwriting, better... everything: there is too much melody in places where it's simply not needed. The songwriting imo is quite immature and quite directionless, seems there are dual harmonies and riffing in places simply for the sake of it, as opposed to serving a purpose...

... not my cup of tea...