Black Metal.

Good on ye, son! Looking at your collection, briefly, it's clear that you need it.

I know my collection is everywhere. I like almost every type of metal including -core (and regular hardcore). I never knew anything really underground before coming to these forums, so I'm picking up new bands on a daily basis really. I'm also genuinely interested in hearing whether or not people agree with my thorough dislike of this album.

I am excited for the new Xasthur. Subliminal Genocide was pretty average except for A Prison of Mirrors which I love. I'm hoping the new one will have more in that vein.

Also n.i.l, Imperial's (Krieg) black/drone project, released a blog on myspace saying that the next recording from them will be out in December, but they have dropped the Black Metal influence. I'd be disapointed but Krieg is back so I don't really care much about this anymore. I do enjoy the S/T released earlier this year though.

I am excited for the new Xasthur. Subliminal Genocide was pretty average except for A Prison of Mirrors which I love. I'm hoping the new one will have more in that vein.
You should give SG another try or two. Arcane and Misanthropic Projection is one of the best Xasthur songs. It has a nice bass solo, and the composition is a lot more advanced than most of his songs. The outro track is probably the best out of any release. Trauma Will Always Linger is also a good one.