Black Metal.

I'm a black metal noob, reccomend me some good black metal songs.

Emperor - "I Am the Black Wizards"
Burzum - "Det Som Engang Var"
Dark Funeral - "Open the Gates"
Dissection - "Where Dead Angels Lie"
Enslaved - "Allfadr Odinn"
Mayhem - "Freezing Moon"
Darkthrone - "In the Shadow of the Horns"
Nokturnal Mortum - "Lunar Poetry"
Samael - "Baphomet's Throne"
Satyricon - "Mother North"
1349 - "Nathicana"

Here are some of my favorites:

Nachtmystium - A Seed for the Suffering
Krieg - Fallen Princes of Sightless Vision
Xasthur - A Prison of Mirrors
Leviathan - Unfailing Fall into Naught
Alatyr - Priepast'
I Shalt Become - Fragments

I have that split and imo the Xasthur is better. I like the idea of Nortt but it is just too slow to be effective for me.

Yeah they're a bit hard for me to digest sometimes too, but they're great when I can actually sit down with their records.

Alter, they're best material is Ligfaerd, IMO. But that split is definitely a good starting point. Plus it's got what I think is some of Xasthur's better material, who I'm not usually that fond of.

Yeah they're a bit hard for me to digest sometimes too, but they're great when I can actually sit down with their records.

Alter, they're best material is Ligfaerd, IMO. But that split is definitely a good starting point. Plus it's got what I think is some of Xasthur's better material, who I'm not usually that fond of.

Ok. Now comes the task of tracking it down.

The entire Nortt discography is excellent, Ligfaerd inclusive. It is consistent, powerful and extremely depressive. I'd suggest starting off with Ligfaerd, and then moving backwards from there. The earlier material is much more Black Metal influenced, and while still brilliant, somewhat unpolished in terms of his musical vision.

The entire Nortt discography is excellent, Ligfaerd inclusive. It is consistent, powerful and extremely depressive. I'd suggest starting off with Ligfaerd, and then moving backwards from there. The earlier material is much more Black Metal influenced, and while still brilliant, somewhat unpolished in terms of his musical vision.

Sounds good.