Celtic Frost - Circle Of The Tyrants
Bathory - Enter The Eternal Fire
Tormentor - Elisabeth Bathory
Master's Hammer - Géniové
Root - Belzebub
Blasphemy - Ritual
Beherit - Unholy Pagan Fire
Necromantia - Scarlet Witching Dreams
Varathron - The Tressrising Of Nyarlathotep (Act I)
Rotting Christ - Wolfera The Jackal
Thou Art Lord - The Era Of Satan Rising
Burzum - Det Som Engang Var
Immortal - The Sun No Longer Rises
Mayhem - Funeral Fog
Emperor - Cosmic Keys To My Creation And Times
Enslaved - Lifandi Lif Undir Hamri
Sigh - Taste Defeat

etc.

For such an amazing vocalist, DMDS is his worst performance to date.

Strongly disagree. His performance on that album is one of the finest in the history of the genre, and is by far his best. His vocals are so evocative that it's haunting.

Strongly disagree. His performance on that album is one of the finest in the history of the genre, and is by far his best. His vocals are so evocative that it's haunting.

Just because it was his worst performance doesn't mean it was a bad performance. Have you heard his other material? He's insane in Aborym.

For such an amazing vocalist, DMDS is his worst performance to date.

Yeah, it's just plain bad.

I mean, Varg is probably a worse vocalist but his style just fits the music perfectly. He sound like he got the shit beat out of him and now Ghaal is torturing him. :lol:

Even though I dislike his vocals, I don't think another vocalist could fit in for this album.

I always thought DMDS, (as well as Mayhem, in general) was incredibly overrated and a gazillion listens to understand what makes it so good have proved to be a waste of time.:p

I forgot to mention Graveland - At The Pagan Samhain Night. I've been loving this song lately.

@ Zephyrus, yes, I have, and I find his vocal performances after DMDS to be rather poor in comparison. I prefer his work in Tormentor to anything he's done after Mayhem.

^Me too Satyricon=best black metal vocals ever. Maniac is really underrated, he sounds really good on Grand Declaration of War, way better than Attila's Ordo Ad Chao and DMDS vocals.

^Me too Satyricon=best black metal vocals ever. Maniac is really underrated, he sounds really good on Grand Declaration of War, way better than Attila's Ordo Ad Chao and DMDS vocals.

Attila is really, really fucking good. I cant name a better experimental vocalist.

I checked out Sigh's newest album even though I've never listened to them despite having known about them for many years. I was impressed; good black metal despite crystalline production and organ-sounding keyboard elements? I've discovered it is possible, folks! Hasn't this band gone through many different styles? I'd be interested in checking out their other stuff if so.