Black Metal.

I revisited Stormblast a few months ago and thought it was decent, but I wasn't very focused when I was listening to it.

Behemoth - ...From The Pagan Vastlands is good stuff.

New Dodsferd album leaked recently...just as good as Fucking Your Creation (two times as long though!)...I'll be buying this when it drops!

I'm listening to Varathron - His Majesty at the Swamp. Pretty killer ... can't believe it's taken me this long to get around to listening to it.

mmm definitely a classic I don't listen to enough

listening to Root's latest again. goddamn BigBoss is an insane man :headbang:

Just listened to Rodovest and am now listening to Mutiilation... Rodovest was very good. Undecided on Mutiilation, I'll give them some more spins as the night goes on.

I only own Ordog, which is pretty out-there, but enjoyable if you get into it. How's his other material?

Judging by your taste, I say get only the last 3 albums because they are more industrial sounding.

The 90s albums are more satanic/evil/vampiric/raw sounding black metal.....personally, I prefer those to the more recent one as I hate drum computers.

By the way I'm listening to Arkha Sva - Gloria Satanae and I think it's funny because the guitar is total DSO - SMRC copycat and the vocalist sounds like Dani Filth.

By the way I'm listening to Arkha Sva - Gloria Satanae and I think it's funny because the guitar is total DSO - SMRC copycat and the vocalist sounds like Dani Filth.

I actually thought that album was overall pretty good, but I don't think the vocalist sounds like Dani...one thing I don't get about that band is their apparent link to the French scene, and why their mailing address or whatever is to France instead of Japan where they apparently are from....:loco:

I actually listened to a band Riul Doamnei, where the vocalist sounds basically like Shagrath, with the occasional Dani Filth style yelping.

I actually thought that album was overall pretty good, but I don't think the vocalist sounds like Dani...one thing I don't get about that band is their apparent link to the French scene, and why their mailing address or whatever is to France instead of Japan where they apparently are from....:loco:

That's probably the address for their record label, which is French.

Mathiäs;6560977 said:
Love the vocal approach and production on Здесь Русская Земля, sort of captures the early Absurd atmosphere - speaking of which, the native-language cover is always interesting as their version of "Gates Of Heaven" shows.

Root's latest
This seems like one of the better black albums of the year, does anyone know whether the album includes lyrics? The bits you can make out really capture the imagination, as Root typically does.

Yes, the album does have lyrics. You can read my review of the album here on UM in order to get a feel for the storyline of the lyrics

Judging by your taste, I say get only the last 3 albums because they are more industrial sounding.

The 90s albums are more satanic/evil/vampiric/raw sounding black metal.....personally, I prefer those to the more recent one as I hate drum computers.

Sounds right up my alley. Thanks.