Black Metal.

I haven't heard enough of Dimmu Borgir's early music, I really do love Sorgens Kammr Del 2 and I really like The Fundamental Alienation by them.

Hard to believe Dimmu Borgir was once on No Colours Records. The thing that gets me about Dimmu is they're the only major 2nd wave band with no great/classic status of any of their albums. Emperor, Satyricon, Darkthrone, Mayhem, Immortal, Enslaved, Gorgoroth, and Burzum all have classic/great status albums. Cradle of Filth is the same way except they're not black metal, a litle suprising to me they've become so big with no classic albums.

Hard to believe Dimmu Borgir was once on No Colours Records. The thing that gets me about Dimmu is they're the only major 2nd wave band with no great/classic status of any of their albums. Emperor, Satyricon, Darkthrone, Mayhem, Immortal, Enslaved, Gorgoroth, and Burzum all have classic/great status albums. Cradle of Filth is the same way except they're not black metal, a litle suprising to me they've become so big with no classic albums.

Well it comes down to opinions, and even general perceptions don't mean much to me so I would consider "For All Tid" to be a classic album of sorts. And as for Cradle of Filth, their first three albums are pretty classic in my opinion...

Stormblast is usually mentioned as DB's best/"classic" album although I like Enthrone Darkness Triumphant much better.

Well it comes down to opinions, and even general perceptions don't mean much to me so I would consider "For All Tid" to be a classic album of sorts. And as for Cradle of Filth, their first three albums are pretty classic in my opinion...
From what I heard Shagrath didn't even sing on For All Tid, it was Silenoz instead. "I've heard Shagrath on Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, he sounds grimmer than today and has more dimensions to his vocals.

From what I heard Shagrath didn't even sing on For All Tid, it was Silenoz instead. "I've heard Shagrath on Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, he sounds grimmer than today and has more dimensions to his vocals.

It has always been Shagrath on all the records. He did not sing on the demos though.

It has always been Shagrath on all the records.he did not sing on the demos though.

Actually Silenoz handled main vocal duties on For All Tid. Shagrath only did vox on one song, "Glittertind". Shagrath and Silenoz both did vocals on the original Stormblast. EDT was the only Dimmu Borgir album with only one vocalist, Shagrath.

Actually Silenoz handled main vocal duties on For All Tid/I]. Shagrath only did vox on one song, "Glittertind". Shagrath and Silenoz both did vocals on the original Stormblast. EDT was the only Dimmu Borgir album with only one vocalist, Shagrath.

I stand corrected.

I knew already that Silenoz did main vocal duties on FAT. I checked just to make sure and while there I gleaned some additional info to tie up any loose ends.