Black Metal.

So I finished listening to Doedskvad. I still feel the same way. Every time they had a good riff they would go and ruin it with a bad riff afterwards. I didn't feel like the songs went anywhere. It was a little frustrating to listen to because there were plenty of good parts that never really did much. It didn't really evoke any feelings in me beyond that.

i am spinning the first Azrael record. this band is trying to plan very intricate guitar parts for black metal and keep messing up. Are there new records like this also?

Try Nattestid if you don't like Doedskvad, it's less "commercial" sounding and I think it's the best Taake so far.... there is some crazy riffs on that album, very unique and one of the few norwegian bands that didn't turn into avant-garde, brutal or something completely non-black.

^ Agreed.

Speaking of such types, and while not completely Black Metal related, how do people feel about Virus (extension from Ved Buens Ende)?

They're releasing a new record in a few months, and given what Carheart was like I think it will be a very interesting thing to look forward to.

Virus's Carheart is probably one of my top 10 favorite records of all time, with "Road" probably being my favorite song. it's such a fucking...different album. It's weird, it's lonely, it's slightly disturbed...so good.

Also, the last I heard was that the VBE/Virus reunion was sort of up in the air. There was a rumor going around that it wasn't going to happen.

edit: note, this could easily be one of those love/hate records. if you're a VBE fan, chances are you'll enjoy it

alb_6137_big.jpg

Better.

But getting back to BM.

I know they are seen as a joke by a lot of black metal fans but I'm going to see Dimmu Borgir tonight.

It should be a kick ass gig especially with Amon Amarth supporting.

I know they are seen as a joke by a lot of black metal fans but I'm going to see Dimmu Borgir tonight.

It should be a kick ass gig especially with Amon Amarth supporting.

Well, to be honest a lot of the black metal fan base is a joke. I had planned to see Dimmu earlier in the year, but never went.

Well, to be honest a lot of the black metal fan base is a joke. I had planned to see Dimmu earlier in the year, but never went.

Yeah I agree there. The black metal fan base may have shunned Dimmu Borgir but so what. I like them and that's all that matters to me.

Virus's Carheart is probably one of my top 10 favorite records of all time, with "Road" probably being my favorite song. it's such a fucking...different album. It's weird, it's lonely, it's slightly disturbed...so good.

Also, the last I heard was that the VBE/Virus reunion was sort of up in the air. There was a rumor going around that it wasn't going to happen.

edit: note, this could easily be one of those love/hate records. if you're a VBE fan, chances are you'll enjoy it

:kickass:

The Ved Buens Ende project is completely dead, but Virus is its continuation of sorts.

Have you heard the Ved Buens Ende rehearsal from July 2006? It's a real tease, the material is fucking excellent as expected. A real shame we will never hear it properly mixed and completed.

* cries *

:kickass:

The Ved Buens Ende project is completely dead, but Virus is its continuation of sorts.

Have you heard the Ved Buens Ende rehearsal from July 2006? It's a real tease, the material is fucking excellent as expected. A real shame we will never hear it properly mixed and completed.

* cries *

indeed it is. whatever. as long as carl michel is alive and making music, I'm happy