Black Metal.

Fen.

2005333670339521303_rs.jpg

Fucking brilliant semi-raw and subtly atmospheric English Black Metal.

EP of the year, fucking hands down. Fans of Negura Bunget and Agalloch will take to this band quickly.

Cool, shall check out.

Indeed.

Can somebody give me a brief desciption of Funeral Mist.

Pulverizing, a barrage of noises, more experimental than Marduk, interesting vocal manipulation, and one of the most "satanic" atmospheres imaginable.

I personally recommend it, but they're a band that draw some mixed reactions.

So I listened to Deathspell Omega's SMRC last night. In darkness with no distractions, so I could hear the complexity of this album that everyone here raves about. After listening I'll say that I have mixed feelings, but overall I liked it.

Pros:
Melodic/Lead Guitar - I thought the melodies and leads were very well done, intricate and engaging. Very enjoyable to listen to.

Songwriting - Complex and original, the song writing kept things interesting throughout the long album

Drums - Very well played and produced. I was impressed.

Cons:
Vocals - Totally without feeling or rythm. It sounded like he was just reading the lyrics most of the time. They really took away from the music imo. I think my favorite song was the instrumental towards the end (Jubilate Deo I think) and this was part of the reason.

The aggressive riffs - Maybe I'm spoiled on brutal death. but when most BM bands try to be aggressive, it just doesn't work for me. This was especially concerning for me when compared to how good the other riffs were.

The Prayers - Just me, but I didn't care for them.

So as I said, overall I enjoyed it a lot, but I felt there were some pretty big flaws.

listening to In The Woods... Heart of the Ages for the first time in a while and goddamn there are some brutal parts. "Wotan's Return" ftfw! :kickass: