Black Metal.

You and me both.
Also Ildjarn. Crap.

As for best of 2007, Krohm's The Haunting Presence is the first one that springs to mind. I haven't listened to too many 2007 releases though and I'm still yet to hear the latest DsO.

I like Ildjarn a lot though. I understand where you are coming from though.

Ilike the more progresive bands like Borknagger but Gorgarath and all the "oldschool Tru Kvlt" black metalstuff I have no stomech for because of the lyrics I take nothing away from the uscinship but look at Darkthrone as an example there last album to me and this is my opinion sounded like a hardcore record and notblack metal to me the defeniton of Black metal will be Immortal

What the fuck.....?

ildjarn have only hit me pretty rarely. they occasionally click when i'm in the right mood and absolutely hit the spot, esp. strength and anger, but the rest of the time i get nothing out of them.

Listening to them again on myspace, and you were on the mark when you said this was like Limbonic Art!

Just placed a bid on The Nightspectral Voyage.

on this site? http://www.myspace.com/obsidiangate ? Well, I hope you will enjoy them, I think all 3 albums they've made are pretty good, maybe not as good as Limbonic Art but certainly worth listening! quality material from a very unknown band.

Ildjarn rules! Some of the best BM ever, seriously. But yeah, it takes a long time to fully appreciate his work.

I see you're a big fan. I like karaoke box produced BM & all but what I heard off Ildjarn's s/t I didn't like. It wasn't original sounding enough for me. I probably just need some more of his stuff, but I'm in no hurry.

^Are you calling me a non metaller? I'm just saying the production is very thick, it's not the ype of production you'd have super high volume wise otherwise your ears would hurt.

^ Yep.

I dunno if I already stated this, but I've been listening to Sigh's Hangman's Hymn a lot. It's quite good.

I think DFN is very hard to get into especially as it is not a coherent album but a concatenation of old demos.
I recommend 1992-1995 because it is easy to get. I normally hate best-offs but i think with ildjarns music it works quite well.
In the end it has different sound wualities on the tracks too because they are from different albums but it changes from track to track and not in the middle of the song. I think even thougha compilation it is a great and atmospheric piece of ildjarn music.

Or maybe get Forest Poetry.
The selftitled is probably the best but hard to get.
I also like Hardangervidda 1 but it is ambient.

So, I finally found a Baptism album today - Beherial Midnight. Of course it's not the one I wanted but whatever.