Black Metal.

Mathiäs;6679933 said:
I wanted Morbid wings of Sathanas, as I have it on cd-r and really liked it. BM is very good though.

Yeah, that's the other one I have. If you're interested in trading, I'm up for it.

anyone like archgoat? im listening to the split album with beherit, i think it has their best songs on it.

That split rules. The Beherit side is cool too (listen for weird ape noises in one of the tracks :lol:)

Fuck yea archgoat are amazing finnish black metal, total raw uncompromising sound.

Had anyone heard mortuus: De contemplanda Morte, it's a really good '07 album that sounds a lot like SMRC ere DsO.

Had anyone heard mortuus: De contemplanda Morte, it's a really good '07 album that sounds a lot like SMRC ere DsO.
I have it, and I think it's a great album. I think the atmosphere on the album is a bit different than the Deathspell Omega album, but they are close. Ajna is supposed to be releasing it on vinyl soon, and even though I already have the CD version I may get it just for the artwork alone.

Pure Holocaust is one of those classics I have yet to own (seen it in stores many times but I always find cheaper stuff to buy). I really like Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism, so how would I like this one? How's it different?

Pure Holocaust is one of those classics I have yet to own (seen it in stores many times but I always find cheaper stuff to buy). I really like Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism, so how would I like this one? How's it different?

its a little better imo

Well then I should stop delaying my purchase of it. I'll see what deals I can find on eBay...

Are there any other 1st or 2nd wave BM classics that I need to own, besides Drawing Down the Moon?

ive been wanting to get pure holocaust for a while, can barely find any good metal at stores where i live, actually saw a deathspell omega album at the best buy tho

Well then I should stop delaying my purchase of it. I'll see what deals I can find on eBay...

Are there any other 1st or 2nd wave BM classics that I need to own, besides Drawing Down the Moon?

depeneds on what you have... personally i think DDTM is overrated but its been a while since i've heard it so... opinions change over time

Well, the Black Metal albums I own that I would consider among the mandatory classics are as follows:

Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symphonia
Bathory - Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Bathory - Blood Fire Death
Burzum - Det Som Engang Var
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Burzum - Filosofem
Darkthrone - A Blaze in the Northern Sky
Darkthrone - Under a Funeral Moon
Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger
Dissection - The Somberlain
Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane
Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse