Black Metal.

I own Channeling the Quintessence of Satan and I love it. It's production is hellish and atmospheric and the riffs can only be described as "diabolical baroque". I also own Fractal Possession, which is a step down but it's good as an avantgarde black metal album. Still one of my top albums of the year. I'm expecting Nachthymen/Orkblut to show up in the mail sometime next week, maybe tonight at the earliest. From what I've heard those albums represent their peak.

It's complex, so perhaps not your preferred brand of Black Metal. It's worth a few listens on headphones (and not a car stereo) to be able to grasp its fullness.

The only Abigor I've heard is Satanized... I wasn't impressed. I'd like to here Nachthymnen though.

Yeah, I'd say Nachthymen is their best release. Their debut full-length Verwüstung/Invoke the Dark Age is also a great release from the band. I even enjoyed Fractal Possession quite a bit. Their new vocalist they have now is their best since Silenius and I can't wait to hear what this band has to offer next.

I received Nachthymnen, Apokalypse, Supreme Immortal Art, and Channeling The Quintessence Of Satan recently earlier in the week, though I've only had the opportunity to play the two first mentioned. Nachthymnen is of course fantastic as it has always been for me, though I have not actually heard it in a couple of years prior to two days ago. Apokalypse is, at least for Abigor's standards, very raw, vitriolic, and aggressive, not as nuanced as their earlier albums, but works very well as a brief expression of hatred. I remember Supreme Immortal Art being more overt than Nachthymnen and having some sort of vocal effect, but I won't know until I get a chance to listen to it again. I still haven't gotten a chance to play the Strid disc either. :erk: Though I was able to spin Blasphemy's Blood Upon The Altar on vinyl earlier today. :kickass:

Yeah, I'd say Nachthymen is their best release. Their debut full-length Verwüstung/Invoke the Dark Age is also a great release from the band. I even enjoyed Fractal Possession quite a bit. Their new vocalist they have now is their best since Silenius and I can't wait to hear what this band has to offer next.

Channeling... and Satanized are the only albums without Silenius prior to the new one though, correct?

Yeah that's right. It's not that Thurisaz was a bad vocalist he just didn't compare to Silenius.

As for not listening to Strid... :bah:

It's not because I don't want to, I just haven't had the time lately to sit down and listen to an album this past week. I just spent 5 hours raking leaves and now I'm working on a 7 page english paper. :erk:

Ha, I don't really care that much. I'm sure you'll have some words about it when you do get around to listening to it.

I received Nachthymnen, Apokalypse, Supreme Immortal Art, and Channeling The Quintessence Of Satan recently earlier in the week, though I've only had the opportunity to play the two first mentioned. Nachthymnen is of course fantastic as it has always been for me, though I have not actually heard it in a couple of years prior to two days ago. Apokalypse is, at least for Abigor's standards, very raw, vitriolic, and aggressive, not as nuanced as their earlier albums, but works very well as a brief expression of hatred. I remember Supreme Immortal Art being more overt than Nachthymnen and having some sort of vocal effect, but I won't know until I get a chance to listen to it again. I still haven't gotten a chance to play the Strid disc either. :erk: Though I was able to spin Blasphemy's Blood Upon The Altar on vinyl earlier today. :kickass:

I heard a track off of Supreme Immortal Art on Black Metal Radio and I did notice that Silenius' vocals sound cracklier than usual, as they appear on Summoning's albums.

Where can i find that kind of music?

I like the first three Burzum albums (where i count Burzum/Aske together as it was re-released as the first) equally.
Filosofem has a cool sound but does not reach the other albums for me.

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battaglie-Lamenti-1600-60/dp/B000056C62"]This CD[/ame] has a number of "war" compositions on it. Use of percussion, brass and "depressive" modes are strong characters.

TSATTHOGGUA's Hosanna Bizarre is impressing me right now. Zeph might even like this; nicely symphonic.

Listening to their myspace now. This is impressing me likewise. The guitar production isn't what you'd expect from a symphonic black metal band, but the music isn't as symphonic as you lead me to believe. Thanks for showing me this.

edit: listening to a different track with different production. Reminds me a lot of Emperor's IX Equilibrium, only less symphonic.