Black Metal.

Thoughts on Satanic Warmaster? I am finding Carelian Satanist Madness to be pretty sweet.

Like others have said, Strength & Honour is a worthwhile album. It's nothing original by any stretch of the imagination. It's one of those albums that has quite a few riffs that have me going "Haven't I heard that on some other album before?" But it definitely makes up for that with a lot of passion and energy.

I'm spinning Strength And Honour right now. I really can't say anything bad about it. Raw, ripping guitars accompanied by melodic, trancelike passages and effectively employed keys.

Fucking hell, the Austere track up on myspace is just too spiffing good. Lyrinx split will be nothing short of incredible. Its my surest bet for best release of 2008 so far me thinks.

Also, listening to Thy Light, my tape came this morning. Its pretty ducking eh?

Anyone have any comments on Blut Aus Nord's first album?? I was reading reviews on it & I'm thinking of looking into it. I have Memoria Vetusta I & TWWTG, but I don't want to miss out on something by them that I might wind up really liking. The other two albums are pretty good.

DBM is pretty hit or miss with me since Im pretty picky about vocals - alot of the time if the vocals are really whiny then I can't listen to it without getting really annoyed. But its relative though, I mean, I listen to Shining and people say that Kvarfoth's vocals are emo and whiny, but I don't see anything wrong with it.