Black Metal.

Has anyone heard The Ruins of Beverast? It's a 1 man band with a guy that used to be in Nagelfar. I liked Nagelfar and was wondering if this band was good? I've never seen anyone talk about this band.

Nice avatar mate :kickass:

:kickass:

Has anyone heard The Ruins of Beverast?

The first album is great. Every song is pretty solid and each have hypnotic ambient passages after them which just make you even more vulnerable to the raw intensity of this album. Even the drums have a heavily distorted sound(The double bass parts can almost sound like a wall of static if you're not paying attention). Not sure if I'm correct about this, but it sounds like two down-tuned guitars and no bass guitar; which would create a very crushing/thin sound.

I can't speak for the second ablum though. From what I hear it's either better or equally as good.

I would say the second album isn't as good as the first (I assume you mean Unlock the Shrine, not The Furious Waves of Damnation), but that's only because I love Unlock The Shrine so much, it's still a fantastic album.

I gave Dissection - Storm of the lights bane a spin today. Haven't heard it in 6 months, it's always nice revisiting classic albums you haven't listened to in a while.

just heard the first track off "My Soul For His Glory" and its fucking amazing!

TROB split with Anti etc recently was fucking superb. Anyone else heard the german four way split, was called Got Un Unns or something, I carnt remember. But a damn good album, Anti was the best on the record though. Anti is just amazing :p

I was somewhat disaponted on the first listen, sounds a lot more influenced by Burzum. They've kept the more modern sound like on the "By the Blessing of Satan". I'd prefer the "Rituale Satanum" which imo sounds more menacing.

Nevertheless a solid release by one the true remnants of black metal spirit.

Well after vehement encouragement from bluewizard I gave Secrets of the Black Arts a spin last night. I enjoyed it, but it's a step down from In the Sign... . Now a couple songs from that EP are on SotBA, but they just don't sound as good (the vocals are certainly weaker). It was a worthy pickup, especially on the cheap from The Greys, but I'm in no rush to check out their later discography.

And the best songs from In the Sign were "Open the Gates" and the two Bathory covers, neither of which are on the debut.