Black Metal.

I think the production on ITNE is just fine, you're a fag if you disagree with me, etc.

Don't pay any attention to him.

:cry:

immortal-Pure_Holocaust-a.jpg

Awesome album. Even better live.

Mathiäs;6872397 said:
It's fucking raw black metal, what do you expect?
Some Mayhem or Darkthrone type production, Dark Funeral never had an album with bad production, I'm basically neutral on the fields of good and bad production in black metal, I don't mind either generally.

I never noted any problems whatsoever with the production of Pure Holocaust. In fact, I think that the production compliments the music very well. Battles In The North, however, is so crap in terms of production that I had to get rid of it based solely on that alone.

Sure it is. Dramatic vocals, blistering drums and riffs that blaze like a fucking sun. People just tend to dislike it because it leans towards the more "brutal" aspects of black metal. But it does so without pretensions or gimmicks, just experience and skill.

I listened to Ildjarn - Forest Poetry for the first time today, and I think it fucknig sucks. I don't get what's supposed to be so great about this band. It's not that I don't like raw bm, because I like Darkthrone and Moonblood and other raw bm bands.

I listened to Ildjarn - Forest Poetry for the first time today, and I think it fucknig sucks. I don't get what's supposed to be so great about this band. It's not that I don't like raw bm, because I like Darkthrone and Moonblood and other raw bm bands.

Same, I don't "get" Ildjarn and Sort Vokter.

Same, I don't "get" Ildjarn and Sort Vokter.

I've actually never bothered to check out Sort Vokter. And I guess I never will. I am expecting someone to say something like "go listen to Cradle of Filth" for making that post. There is good raw black metal and there is bad raw black metal. Ildjarn is bad raw black metal IMO. Stuff like Darkthrone and Moonblood has melody and atmosphere. Ildjarn has neither.

The thing with Ildjarn is that the riffs suck. If he actually had good riffs with that production, then it would be fine. But what it sounds like is some guy who has only been playing guitar for half a year recording uber-simple, primitive bedroom black metal on an 80s tape recorder.