Black Metal.

Well after vehement encouragement from bluewizard I gave Secrets of the Black Arts a spin last night. I enjoyed it, but it's a step down from In the Sign... . Now a couple songs from that EP are on SotBA, but they just don't sound as good (the vocals are certainly weaker). It was a worthy pickup, especially on the cheap from The Greys, but I'm in no rush to check out their later discography.

And the best songs from In the Sign were "Open the Gates" and the two Bathory covers, neither of which are on the debut.

I suggest you try finding Secrets of the black PAST..... it's a different recording of their first full-lenght.... which IMO is a lot better in term of production..... it sounds more "black metal", similar to DMDS.

Best news ever

Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth and Keep of Kalessian to tour U.S:headbang:

Oh man that's awesome, but as usual their stint in New England will be at that retarded metal fest, which will mean shorter sets for the bands that count. And besides that, it's during or just before finals week.

Well I did see Behemoth and Dimmu last year at the same event. But Keep of Kalessin must rule as a live act.

Hm. I might go and see Behemoth next month but it would only be because Nergal is fucking funny.
Their recent music has bored me. Also, Kataklysm are worth seeing again. ;>

Behexen will be releasing My Soul For His Glory on February 8th.

msfhg_kansi.gif

http://www.kolumbus.fi/anniina.sade/HTML/index.htm
http://www.myspace.com/behexen666

Zhou Tai 04: I'm currently listening to the leak and it's excellent so far..... I still prefer By The Blessing but this one may grow on me after a couple of listen.

After listening to Nattens Madrigal after it came in today I really like 4 songs off it and the other 4 that werent as spectacular are really growing on me, the riffs are very good, my favorite songs off of it are Wolf and Fear, Wolf and Passion, Wolf and Hatred, and Wolf And The Moon, the other 4 are certainly no filler, I'm not at a point to give it a rating yet, I just know I'm going to really enjoy this CD. I'll be getting Bergtatt in the near future as well.

^:lol: Still a great song. I just realized tonight I may soon run out of black metal albums I want to buy, I'm a little worried I won't be able to find stuff I like as good as Ulver, Emperor, Satyricon,etc...I still have a few but the time draws near...and I don't know what I'll do.

After listening to Nattens Madrigal after it came in today I really like 4 songs off it and the other 4 that werent as spectacular are really growing on me, the riffs are very good, my favorite songs off of it are Wolf and Fear, Wolf and Passion, Wolf and Hatred, and Wolf And The Moon, the other 4 are certainly no filler, I'm not at a point to give it a rating yet, I just know I'm going to really enjoy this CD. I'll be getting Bergtatt in the near future as well.
Arrgh! I hate when people call them "Wolf and <insert word>". The titles are I, II, III, IV, etc. The Wolf part is some American invention.

Zhou Tai 04: I'm currently listening to the leak and it's excellent so far..... I still prefer By The Blessing but this one may grow on me after a couple of listen.
Oh and if anyone listens to vinyl at all, Behexen released this a few days ago. It looks pretty sweet.

behexen_box.gif

The Box includes 6 morbid worshipping incantations for ye Lord.

-Inverted Cross Covers.
-3 x 7"ep´s.
-Behexen Logo Stickers.
-Behexen Logo Patch.
-Limited to 666 handnumbered copies.

Tracklist:

Canto I- Invocation of Zabulus
Canto II- Melancholic remembrances of dark times
Canto III- From the Devils chalice
Canto IV- Void...
Canto V- Holy foul
Canto VI- Canticle(for ye Lord)

Don't worry bluewizard, you're not even close to acquiring all the classics. And when in doubt, go old school. That's what I did. Celtic Frost, Bathory, Venom, Mercyful Fate. Classic after classic.