Black Metal.

i love the sort vokter album. basically combine raw black metal with the ambient stuff ildjarn does. it's really not hard on the ears at all

I'm not sure how I feel about Drudkh - Estrangement yet. It seems like it borrows something from each of the preceding releases. In some ways this is really cool, and in a way it is also disappointing. It has a lot of the aggression of Forgotten Legends. The drumming recalls that album quite a bit, with a decent amount of blasting. The same rhythm as on Forests in Fire and Gold comes up. There are a couple of riffs that sound directly pulled from Autumn Aurora, namely the closing riff on the first song. The guitar has the extra trebly, ethnic sound as Swan Road in a few places. The guitar solos from Blood In Our Wells are back, along with the generally lush production. The band has also noticeably borrowed from Negura Bunget in the use of bass guitar and some of the drum beats.

Length is a problem here. The songs are just not really memorable enough. I liked the direction they were going on Anti-Urban. The band seems to be moving sideways here.

lol pussies

I reckon. Ildjarn takes a fuckload of perseverance to fully appreciate. I recommend beginning with Det Frysende Nordariket (or just the Norse EP which makes up the first few songs) or Svartfrad, they're quite easily digestible for seasoned Black Metal fans - especially if you love Norwegian Black Metal - and ultimately very rewarding. No other band creates such a feral and vicious atmosphere so convincingly.

I honestly doubt anyone liked Forest Poetry or Strength and Anger on the first listen.

Edit: Havohej/Profanatica rules.

I reckon. Ildjarn takes a fuckload of perseverance to fully appreciate. I recommend beginning with Det Frysende Nordariket (or just the Norse EP which makes up the first few songs) or Svartfrad, they're quite easily digestible for seasoned Black Metal fans - especially if you love Norwegian Black Metal - and ultimately very rewarding. No other band creates such a feral and vicious atmosphere so convincingly.

I honestly doubt anyone liked Forest Poetry or Strength and Anger on the first listen.

Edit: Havohej/Profanatica rules.

I can make out what's going on in all of Ildjarn's music so it really doesn't bother me. Pure Fucking Armageddon is where I draw the line, though.

Behemoth tours the US every 4 months...Nergal is practically a fucking American by now. Dimmu is nothing special, but Keep of Kalessin might actually be worth seeing.

I'll be there, but I'm not overly excited about it. I do want to see Keep and Behemoth, but feel that Dimmu is actually going to take away from the quality of the show.

To be honest I would rather see Behemoth with Dimmu then Job for a cowboy...that's why i skipped that tour how can JFAC be headlining in front of Behemoth...Dimmu i understand but the other tour announcement made me sick

Indeed. Can you imagine Det Frysende Nordariket with clearer, more polished production? It'd basically lose all its atmosphere and cease to be worthwhile. Ildjarn is the best raw Black Metal in existence as far as I'm concerned.

Yep. It's catchy as fuck once you get used to it.

Nope, I thought they sucked as well :loco: Luckily I loved Det Frysende upon first listen, so I took the time to get used to them. They rule now.

edit: Do you like Rodovest?

I would say the second album isn't as good as the first (I assume you mean Unlock the Shrine, not The Furious Waves of Damnation), but that's only because I love Unlock The Shrine so much, it's still a fantastic album.

I think TROB's demo is better than their first full-lenght actually..... the second full-lenght is my favorite.