Black Metal.

well usually very interesting conversations detailing the hell out of everything.

you get annoying with the drone music and the interpol fanboisms and christ and whatnot

actually, i don't wanna rip on anyone you are all pretty funny and this topic is pretty great. cyrthAUl is usually such a jerk that i get a kick out of him.

the bickering about every single aspect of everything is just plain great in general.
Did you watch me "grow up"?:lol:

maybe i am mistaking you for someone else. who did zephyrus always give black metal care packages to?

he would be like "well, i didn't really get into emperor(or some other classic band)" and he just seemed impossible to please. was that someone else? thought it was you for some reason.

maybe i am mistaking you for someone else. who did zephyrus always give black metal care packages to?

he would be like "well, i didn't really get into emperor(or some other classic band)" and he just seemed impossible to please. was that someone else? thought it was you for some reason.

One look at his sig and you'll know that's not true

It was probably me, but it wasn't Emperor who I disliked, I really enjoy Norwegian and Swedish 2nd Wave type BM for the most part, it was stuff like Deathspell Omega and the more inaccesible types of black and death metal, also Euro death metal(Scandinavian DM). so now are you right or mistaken?:p

Well, meaningless would be a debatable word choice. Some bands, to me, seem to have no creative mind set like Havohej and Profanatica and seem to go over-the-top with the whole black metal image and still make terrible music. Other bands like Graveland do have terrible promo photos and song titles but what lies under it is much to admire, aside for the nsbm leanings.

Nec, calm yourself when you read this post.

Lemegeton: what do you mean? Examples? Back up your points with relevant information; opinions sound dumb when presented randomly and seemingly complainingly :p

Examples? Any Dimmu Borgir song/album as well as " ...And So the Night Became over Beyond the Wandering Moon." I know nihilism plays a role in black metal but I see no reason to be absolutely retarded about it by using random words to name a song or album.

Dimmu Borgir uses the "pick three vaguely evil/"Satanic" sounding words and order them in a slightly logical yet still wholly nonsensical way" method of titling things. PURITANICAL EUPHORIC MISANTHROPIA!!!!

...and So The Night Became and Beyond The Wandering Moon are two different album titles, by the band Aeternus. You probably got confused because MalignParadigm said he prefers one over the other. :p Italics = album title.

I've always considered Dimmu's approach to naming albums to be sort of in a manner where the words are meant to be symbolic, or representative of the album as opposed to simply forming a coherent title and with their own tradition of using three words. (Death Cult Armageddon, PEM, EDT ...etc)

To me Dimmu Borgir have'nt been a real BM band for ages,i lreally liked Enthrone Darkness Triumphant but...dunno would rather listen to a band like Therion than DB these days,they just don't have that true BM feeling at all IMO

Thats what i mean,i'd consider DB closer to what a band like Therion does or used to do than True Bm, thats in no way saying that DB are better than Therion cause they clearly are'nt,maybe they should invent a term like Lightweight Bm or something cause these bands like Dimmu Borgir and whatever should'nt be called BM anymore