Black Metal.

I must say Ophthalamia-A Journey In Darkness is a pretty solid record and Jon's vocals are top-notch ad the guitar playing is abnormal for black metal but is damn excellent.

At one point in time, I almost gave up on black metal but when I was riding shotgun in my friend's car one Sunday afternoon, he played Enslaved's Path to Vanir & Essence; and then the rest they say was history.

"Fear not, said the mistress, the lady of light
Those who betrayed us would not stand the fright"

I have an ear for industrial music, while many people don't. When I hear industrial influences in black metal, I am doubly stimulated, hence bands like Aborym and Mysticum are among my favorites. Blacklodge is another one I'll be getting albums from. I just wish this sub-genre was more prevalent.

Yeah, Blacklodge's "Solarkult" sounds like it would be right up your alley. One of my favorites from '06. Haven't heard their first one, which is probably significantly harder to track down anyway.

I looked for the new Behexen album at Newbury Comics today but to no avail. I'll wait a few weeks more to see if they announce a shipment, but I may be forced to get this over teh interwebs.

I seem to remember reading that a US release for the album would be around April.

Yeah, Blacklodge's "Solarkult" sounds like it would be right up your alley. One of my favorites from '06. Haven't heard their first one, which is probably significantly harder to track down anyway.

I'm going to buy Solarkult on eBay tonight, but I'm waiting to see whether I'll be winning a certain other item in an auction. It's a rarity I've been after for a while and I may be willing to pay a high price for it this time around.

With regards to Blacklodge's first album Login: Satan, from what I've heard of it, it's not as good as Solarkult.

I seem to remember reading that a US release for the album would be around April.

That's fine. I'll see if Newbury Comics will get a shipment soon after then.

i was listening to fire walk with us by aborym and besides the obvious vocals, the guitars also have a striking similarity to mayhem circa DMDS.

it's like what mayhem should have been.

I need opinions on the following Xasthur releases...

A Gate Through Bloodstained Mirrors
Xasthur / Acid Enema
Suicide in Dark Serenity
To Violate the Oblivious
Xasthur

Gate: way too long and not very interesting
Xasthur/Acid Enema: his best
Suicide: meh, average at best
Xasthur: stopped caring about Xasthur before it was released.

I was incorrect earlier. The 40 Euro package includes all shipping costs. In that case it's actually a fair deal, and something I will buy.

A Gate Through Bloodstained Mirrors - don't have it yet.
Xasthur / Acid Enema - don't have it yet.
Suicide in Dark Serenity - good.
To Violate the Oblivious - The weakest Xasthur full-length.
Xasthur - Don't buy; complete cash grab by Moribund Cult. That being said, the songs are good here.

I would pick Tentacles of Whorror over Verrater. It's more unique. Verrater has a few excellent songs, but quite a few are rather ordinary.

DARKTHRONE To Release 'Frostland Tapes' Box Set - Mar. 1, 2008
Nocturno Culto of the long-running Norwegian black metallers DARKTHRONE has issued the following update:

"DARKTHRONE has completed four new songs for the new album, and will record a couple of new ones in a couple of weeks. Ah, and I have to tell you about the new box set from DARKTHRONE, 'Frostland Tapes'. It really came along better than I hoped, it's nice actually. Three discs, containing all demos, including 'Land Of Frost', of course. Rare original rehearsal tape, 'Goatlord', plus live from Denmark, drum solo by Fenriz (!) and so on. We can now, simultaneously grabbing our balls, say that after this box, we have no more 'rare' stuff to offer. 'Frostland Tapes' is all of our early history. It's the right timing for it as well actually, since some clever fella has started Gylve Records to release a demo, to put it mildly, the man himself is not very pleased of this shit."

DARKTHRONE's latest album, "F.O.A.D.", was released in September 2007 via Peaceville. An EP, "NWOBHM" (New Wave Of Black Heavy Metal), preceded the full-length CD on July 23.

Thanks for the Xasthur advice. Since there's yet to be a Xasthur release I don't like, I'll prioritize all those accordingly.

I'm still waiting for answers to my Leviathan question.