Black Metal.

I'm going to buy Solarkult on eBay tonight, but I'm waiting to see whether I'll be winning a certain other item in an auction. It's a rarity I've been after for a while and I may be willing to pay a high price for it this time around.

With regards to Blacklodge's first album Login: Satan, from what I've heard of it, it's not as good as Solarkult.

Solarkult is great but feels a bit "random" if I can say that... it's basically a french version of With No Human Interventions, it was recorded in the same studio as Watain, Funeral Mist, Ondskapt and all those orthodox swedish black metal bands.

Login Satan was a bit boring imo, it's very amateur I think... Some may like it, I suggest downloading before buying.

I don't know about goofy, but Wrest definitely puts a lot of the fun he has making music into his songs. There are moments when he makes strictly serious stuff, but songs like "Heir to the Noose of Ghoul" and all of the Sapthuran/Leviathan split are pure fun. In the demos there are plenty of songs that are just light-hearted tributes to his influences. Even Lurker of Chalice strikes a weird balance between being dark and serious and fun to listen to.

I am listening to the Xasthur/Leviathan split. Mind you I never listen to this, I am amazed. Seriously, this is some dark as fuck stuff and offers tons of interesting black metal strangeness.

im not huge on black metal, but leviathan's tentacles of horror is a great album, i cant wait for them to release the new one. i hear its A+ stuff