Black Metal.

Hlidskjalf gets way too much flak. It has some amazing songs. And it's NOT "Casio crap"!

"Casio Crap" would be Dan Deacon save for the crap part. Did anyone
see the video of the guy in the Bathory shirt in the "dance pit?" :lol:

Back on topic, I really need to check out Hlidskjalf. Is it quality dark ambient?

Listened to Filosofem a little bit ago and damn it was good, save for the overly long Ambient track. First three songs were very very good, fourth was pretty good. Last two were merely okay.

Anyone into strange, demented, over-the-top, 90's styled but still fucked-up black metal with catchy epic choruses needs to check out Japan's very own Avsolutized. It sounds like Furze meets Leviathan and decides to try a sound like Urfaust. INTENSE AS FUCK. Check this out now!!!!!!!!!!!

Back on topic, I really need to check out Hlidskjalf. Is it quality dark ambient?
I wouldn't really consider it dark or ambient for the most part. Although ambient seems to have a lot of definitions. Don't expect anything like Tomhet or Han Som Reiste.

I guess it's worth a listen, but I wouldn't feel obligated to run out and buy it. There are two or three nice songs, but also some filler.

I wouldn't really consider it dark or ambient for the most part. Although ambient seems to have a lot of definitions. Don't expect anything like Tomhet or Han Som Reiste.

I guess it's worth a listen, but I wouldn't feel obligated to run out and buy it. There are two or three nice songs, but also some filler.

Agreed.

What dioes everyone think of Horde? I listened to 'Invert the Inverted Cross' expecting something really crappy but actually quite enjoyed it.

Do I need to put it in my guilty pleasures list? :p

What does everyone think of Horde? I listened to 'Invert the Inverted Cross' expecting something really crappy but actually quite enjoyed it.

Do I need to put it in my guilty pleasures list? :p

I really dont like it but if unblack is your thing than Horrific Majesty is worth checking out, even if it is a tad mediocre.

I am going to make an attempt to try and convince everyone to listen to the new Avsolutized record. Amazing stuff. This record came out of NO WHERE!