Black Metal.

Yeah, even though it has a lack of single string tremolos it really has very good riffs, I appreciate the album more since I'm learning Dark Medeal Times the song on guitar now because I wanted to learn to play Acoustic Folk type Black Metal riffs.

Well of course, but I place everyone else in that echelon above them, namely Emperor, Burzum, Mayhem, Immortal, Bathory, Deathspell Omega, Nokturnal Mortum etc....

As much as I love the band....DSO isn't enough original to be ranked at the "top" like Darkthrone. You can't call DSO pioneer of anything.

Agreed, but they are nonetheless exceptional at what they do, and have made what they do approach an element of uniqueness. Admittedly, this is probably made more apparent by Mikko's vocal style, which is instantly recognisable.

Has anyone heard the new Keep of Kalessin? I realize it's not out until the 6th of June, but I read it leaked. I'm not really the one to download, especially KoK, but I thought someone might have caught it. Anyway, I'd never been a fan of the band, but I actually liked the track "Ascendant" they had up on their myspace.

Has anyone heard the new Keep of Kalessin? I realize it's not out until the 6th of June, but I read it leaked. I'm not really the one to download, especially KoK, but I thought someone might have caught it. Anyway, I'd never been a fan of the band, but I actually liked the track "Ascendant" they had up on their myspace.
I wasn't impressed by the sample track on their Myspace. But if it gets a more positive reception I'll probably pick it up.

Keep of Kalessin just happened to get some mainstream recognition because they also happen to play live with Satyricon. They're really so utterly forgettable, one wonders if it's not some big prank to see how bland something can be and still get away with it.