Black Metal.

I heard some songs off MySpace from Watain earlier this year from their latest album, it was ok, I'd like to hear songs from their earlier albums.
I heard Darkthrone's The Pagan Winter on XM Radio today and really liked it.

For anyone who remembers the band Ne Obliviscaris:

NE OBLIVISCARIS ANNOUNCE NEW LEAD GUITARIST!

After a worldwide search lasting over 9 months that saw guitarists audition from across Australia, the USA and Europe, we are very pleased to be able to announce the arrival of Benjamin Baret, from Bordeaux, France as Ne Obliviscaris’ new lead guitarist!

An extraordinary musician that we feel will fit in perfectly with this band, Benjamin will be moving to Australia shortly to start preparing for the bands return to the live scene and the recording of our debut full length album in late 2008, set for a worldwide release early 2009 through an as yet undetermined label.

It has been a long time coming, but we are very excited to have finally found someone that we feel can not only comfortably fit in with this band, but can also help us push this band to higher and higher levels over the years to come.

Thank you all so much for the incredible support you have shown us since the release of our demo in April, 2007. It has truly blown us all away and we can’t wait to get this album out there and start performing for you all, wherever you may be around the world!

Ne Obliviscaris

www.neobliviscaris.com
www.myspace.com/neobliviscaris

I enjoy everything by Watain, but Casus Luciferi is obviously the best and the only album by them that's really worth getting.

I'm only familiar with Rabid Death's Curse and I find it to be quite good. So CL is better than that album or what? I heard a track from CL and it didn't do a whole lot for me but perhaps I should listen to the whole album???

I'm only familiar with Rabid Death's Curse and I find it to be quite good. So CL is better than that album or what? I heard a track from CL and it didn't do a whole lot for me but perhaps I should listen to the whole album???

I reckon it's better, yeah. Though it might be a case of me hearing Casus Luciferi first and never really getting into the predecessor or giving it nearly as much attention. There are definitely better things to check out, like Nox Intempesta's Damnanus Dominum. :cool:

Haha, Bueller!! Kid in a few of my classes did that everytime he asked a question; good times.

Uh, yeah their early stuff is fairly Darkthrone-y a lot of the time so it's not surprising.

Their EP is the only thing that I've heard, and it really sounds nothing like Nachtmystium, because Nachtmystium isn't a depressive black metal band that plays music at that pace, or even remotely close to one.

I recently bought Unholy Trinity-Omnimalevolence. This is some serious stuff. The riffs are some intense stuff and the vocals are insane. Almost like old Deathspell Omega. This is really hard to explain but if you can track it down...DO IT FAST!

Their EP is the only thing that I've heard, and it really sounds nothing like Nachtmystium, because Nachtmystium isn't a depressive black metal band that plays music at that pace, or even remotely close to one.

What era of Nachtmystium are you referring to? I hear similarities to Instinct: Decay in terms of production, atmosphere, vocals, mid-paced drumming and overall feeling. When I say it's for fans of certain bands, I don't mean to say that it sounds exactly like any of those bands, but it contains elements which appeal to fans of said bands.

I pretty much love all black metal sure some is bands are better then other but I think almost all of it is great and is some of the best stuff emtal has to offer